Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Thanks for all the info on a new cover for my bike, now does anybody have any opinions on a good set of rain gear, I plan to ride to work every day so I'm hoping to stay kinda dry, especially as the weather gets cooler up here in canada.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

lboodge wrote:
Thanks for all the info on a new cover for my bike, now does anybody have any opinions on a good set of rain gear, I plan to ride to work every day so I'm hoping to stay kinda dry, especially as the weather gets cooler up here in canada.
If you're serious about riding to work every day, invest in a good waterproof/breathable riding suit likean Aerostich Roadcrafter suit.

http://www.aerostich.com/home.php?cat=248

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

that looks like a really nice suit, a little pricey though. mike

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

lboodge wrote:
that looks like a really nice suit, a little pricey though. mike
Ya get what you pay for...

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

I recently purchased a Cortech/TourMaster Elite. While not waterproof/breathable, it is a beautifully made item for $80 US. I own several Cortech items and find the quality/price always make their stuff great values.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

lboodge wrote:

Here in Australia, "Rivet" is the brand of choice. :waving:I prefer the two piece style as I find getting in and out of a one piece hard. With the two piece and assuming a waterprof jacket - on showery days only the pants are needed.:jumper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I went cheapo and bought Frog Toggs. They've worked great so far in some pretty heavy rain riding. Don't sweat you either. I had some doubts when I first got them they looked a little flimsy and paperish but they've held up well for riding and a couple fishing trips too. Cost me around $60 with shipping.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
imported post

Have had Frogg Toggs for years, they work well waterproof and breathable lightweight:jumper::jumper::jumper:

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Just bought a Nelson Riggs one piece from ebay $29 US looks good and it is well made so I'm hoping it will last It has bib covered zippers and is extra long in the leg also has built in map pocket great deal I think

Details for Item number: 8001087858 ebay #

Bit of a dance to get into over the leather jacket but once on very comfy fit

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sir Slink wrote:
Have had Frogg Toggs for years, they work well waterproof and breathable lightweight:jumper::jumper::jumper:
You forgot to say inexpensive!:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
imported post

OOOOPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS sorry senior moment

:baffled:

:jumper::jumper::jumper:

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
imported post

They are more expensive than my first couple of bikes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.