Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was riding to work last month in the pouring rain. of course the weatherman said it was going to be nice but thats for another thread.

I got to a light by work and that was it, the bike died. Then it wouldnt start.

I towed it home and now it just clicks when I try to start it. i tried jumping it but same result, just clicks.

Any suggestions would be great. I would hate to buy a new battery only to find out thats not the trouble.

It does seem to run rough in the rain but usually clears up if i hit a dry spell. This time it was pouring when i stopped so just bad timing with the rain.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

Start by making sure the drain holes at each spark plug are clear. if they aren't water can gather there and short the ignition system straight to the block and you'll get no spark.

Then hook up a battery charger to make sure th ebattery is charged up.

Once you do that, you'll want to pull the plugs out and with the kill switch in the off position try to crank it over. Expect a healthy amount of gasoline to spray out of one or more cylinders.

After that, check the plugs, put em back in and see if she doesn't fire right up for ya. Don't forget to put the kill switch back int he run position.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Probly need new plug wires and sparkplug boots.Also there are drain holes below each sparkplug to drain out any water that may colect there they sometimes get pluged and fill the sparkplug cavity with water shorting out the plug.
On the no stsrt clicking bit. You need to remove all the battery cables clean them good and reinstall them.
You could also try a boost from a good car battery to see if your battery is low. Just make shure the other car is not running
Wilf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.