Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Who hasthe best value and performancein rain apparel for both men and women?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Depends:

Do you wish a suit for the occasional shower or rainy day, or do you want something that will keep you warm and dry on a three day run where it rains daily all day long.

Kit

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
imported post

:coollep:Tell us about both of them:cool::cool:

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

My wife "The Warden" and I have Frogg Togg "Road Toads" and like them very much. They are weird though........ kind-of like tyvek material. Or sumthin'

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Winger 82 wrote:
:coollep:Tell us about both of them:cool::cool:
Only one!! The other guys have stated they like those garbage bags with the elastic bands around the wrists and ankles. I had a pair of them once, I rode a Hardley then and they did not last too well on the right leg.................they melted. :D

I now combine all my riding gear, with safety, comfort and rain protection. I use a tourmaster and a scorpion jacket and scorpion riding pants that all have a rain liner. Their external shells are resistant enough for the pop up rain shower that you do not even have to stop and get out the rain gear. For a long all day ride in the rain, put in the rain liner and you are snug as a bug in a rug.
Water proof boots complete the rig. If it is cold I also carry a pair of goretex gloves.

Kit

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
imported post

Best rain gear I ever had was a Harley jacket and pants. A little pricey at about 150 bucks. Let it go when I sold my Roadking. Have a set now from Costco"s. Pretty good set for 60 dollars!!!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I've had the 'pleasure' of spending most of my life in rainy country and have tried them all. Most rain gear cause you to sweat eventually ending up as wet inside as outside. For riding I don't think there's anything better than Frogg Toggs. I've had mine now for around four years, used them a lot and haven't damaged them yet which is a record for me. Besides the fact they breath and don't sweat you, and don't leak they pack in a small bag and don't take up much room in the saddlebag where mine live. In cold weather I wear my Tourmaster 3/4 jacket with the Frogg Togg pants.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I'll have to throw my vote in for the Frogg Toggs too. On my V-twin I had to watch the right leg, but no problems now. I never leave home without 'em either.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Frogg toggs for me and my 9 yo.....got them at Bass Pro on clearance, 19 bucks for his set and 25 bucks for mine......I don't mind wearing last years style and color!:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

check out Jafrum

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I use a set of Frogg Toggs Road Toads which reside in a saddlebag of my bike.

Although my Tourmaster jacket/pants are 'waterproof', in a heavy rain the nylon shell will 'wet out' and you will get clammy from sweat/perspiration buildup.

The Road Toads come with a small stuff sac for storage when not neededand shed water admirably. They are also great as outerwear on cold days/morns, as they block the wind/rain, yet breathe, keeping you more comfortable. Great for wearing in the rain, post ride.

Much easier to put the Road Toadson, then having to take your jacket/pants off to insert a waterproof lining, most likely having to remove your boots, as well as getting wet all over while doing so. The Road Toads have an extended ankle zipper, so boots do not have to come off and the jacket/pants slip easily over your other riding gear.

As for pant legs melting on a hot exhaust pipe, ..... well, that's just not an issue on a wing!

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

One thing about Frogg Toggs, you can put them in a ziplock bag and use the vacuum cleaner to pull the air out of the bag and they just dis-appear. :) I do carry a set of them for emergency, or to just give to someone who has no rain gear. The set I carry even has reflective stripe on them, for safety. The cost $39.95. So I spose I must concede, they are cool .

Kit

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

They are ugly but so is rain when you are riding so Frogg Toggs for me

Any will do but the road toads are designed for the motorcyclist and come with a kit to protect against exhaust damage

:waving:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.