Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello to everyone,

been riding my wing for a while and have been caught in the rain a few times...use one of those yellow suits from my boat and it stinks!!! what rain suit would you all

endorse????

Bill

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

I'm a fan of the Frog-Toggs "Road Toad" jacket and pant solution -- compact NICELY and work well for a long rainy day without feeling like you're in a plastic baggie...

Colors aren't terribly visible, but they do have reflective piping which helps in low-vis and poor light conditions.

Even on sale ---
http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/RoadToads.shtm

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

I use Frog Toggs. They are light weight,breathable,cool in summer, are very compact and fairly affordable. Just my 2cents.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

We use Frog Toggs as well the best that we have used. Light weight fits over rideing gear breathable.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,202 Posts
imported post

I also use Frogg Toggs, I chose the lime greenish/yellow one. Not terribly bright, but the best visible one they have.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Tourmaster.

Both a protectiveriding and rain suit combined.

Can be bought in either one piece suit or coat and pant set.

Great in cold weather with removable inner liners.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

Second to SETHAN12.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

+3 Sethan

I just have the tourmaster jacket but it does great at keeping the water off and the wind, cold and the rain out. And I haven't even put the liner in yet. I love the jacket, other than the bike itself, this was my next best purchase ever.

Just discovered that Frog Toggs also has an outlet store with clearance items.... Even cheaper here:

http://www.froggtoggsoutlet.com/frtoouclsegr.html

$59.99 with free shipping and enter the code at checkout and get another 15% off, we're ordering 3 sets. Great Xmas idea.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

I use Frogg Toggs and like them. They roll up and store in a small pouch as well.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

I like the FROGG TOGGS, but not just for the bike. I was up in Alaska on a whale watch, the weather was brutal, or as they said.. great day.

The water was crashing over the bow and I decided to go out on deck, mainly because I'm crazy like that. My TOGGS kept me dry.

Now they did not keep me warm, but that's ok too. The FROGG TOGGs are great all year round, you just have to dress properly.

Funny how they actually feel like PAPER, but they don't rip like paper. Also, if you have LONG LEGS, as I do, They have covers that have elastic to make the legs longer to keep your socks dry on the bike. Well worth the investment.

http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/FroggLeggs.shtm

Just my 1.6 cents worth...
:congrats:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

Frogg Toggs as well for me. I used one of those yellow outfits once and thought I would monkey. That thing was like a sauna around here with all this humidity.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks for all the input, going to take a ride over to the local shop and see if they have
the frogg togg stuff in stock..they advertise it on the website, so we will see....
Bill

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

+1 Frog Toggs

Hint: Get them BIGGER than you normally would, to make it easier to quickly get them on in a downpour... There's no benefit to having them fit "snug", as you otherwise would likely do with any other jacket.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i cant fine rain suits my size, so i just use the old standby heavy ply garbage bags and duct tape

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I've had my set of Frogg Toggs for about six years now and they're still in good shape and keep me dry in the rain. Two of the best things about them are they don't sweat the wearer, they breathe so you stay dry on the inside. Second they pack mighty small in your saddlebags and weight next to nothing.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

I picked up a Harley rain suit. They had the larger size I needed. The first time I wore it I road six hours in heavy drifting rain. I stayed dry. A good suit is worth its cost.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

Frogg Toggs all the way. There is a company in Alabama, near the manufacturer that has them on clearance sales quite often. You can get the suit at a deep discount plus free shipping. I'll look up the link tomorrow and post it.

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

If you are looking for rain protection only, obviously Frogg Togs get the vote. If you are looking for something that will be an all in one set up go with a good riding jacket with a waterproof breathable liner. I have a Fieldsheer jacket and pants that have gore tex in them. They come with quilted liners. This set up eliminates the need to carrya seperate rain suit. Around here if it is raining you want to have on more than a rain jacket as it is almost always cool when raining so the all in one suit works great for me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.