Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello, We just got our first wing about three weeks ago. It is great!!!:cheeky1:.

I live in good old rainey Oregon. What raingear do you ride with? What keeps you dry and what does not? I have seen some of those one piece riding suits (Tourmaster) in some shops are these worth the money?

You guys are all great!:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Harry :p

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

They are worth the money if you live in "Oregon" !!

We don't want you to "rust"!

"Happy Resurrection Day" He has risen!!

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

You are so right!!

"Happy Resurrection Day"to you as well. This is a blessed season.

In His service,

Harry :waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

In His service wrote:
Hello, We just got our first wing about three weeks ago. It is great!!!:cheeky1:.

I live in good old rainy Oregon. What raingear do you ride with? What keeps you dry and what does not? I have seen some of those one piece riding suits (Tourmaster) in some shops are these worth the money?
I just use what I've always used in rainy Southeastern Alaska, a Helly Hanson rain jacket and a pair of Helly Hanson rain pants if it really gets nasty. Idon't like the one piece suits, you have no flexibility for the amount of rain or the temperature. Also if you want to walk around somewhere a one piece suit is pretty much overkill. Usually I get by with just the jacket on my bike, as long as I'm moving and it's not a downpour but the usual NW drizzle I really don't get all that wet.

:waving::waving::15red::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I just got back from a very rainy week-long tour. I used a Cortech jacket with a set of bib-style waterproof pants. I stayed pretty dry even in the heaviest downpours, and my bike doesn't even have a windshield (you know... when the cars have their windshield wipers going full-speed, anditsraining so hard that thewater doesn't even have a chance to drain from the roads).

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
imported post

Want to send in a second for the Frogg Togg's, they do stop the water. I refuse to wear any Tote's type over shoe, so my feet are sometimes wet. I haven't melted or Rusted yet... :action: :action: :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

I will say Frogg Toggs are about the best I have found... and they now carry a boot/shoe cover that covers just the tops. Goes on under the rain pants and helps when putting on the pants on the side of the road. Works almost as good as plastic bags on the shoes (trick I learned to get the pants on easier!) It took me 2 years of riding every day to wear out my last frogg toggs, and if it werent for a seat that had a tear in the vinyl I dont think they would have sprung a leak as fast as they did. Lucky for me we have a local place (Redmond) that sells them.

:12ltd:

Marty :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

The one-piece rubberised suits are absolutely waterproof, probably the most waterproof ones you can get. They are relatively light as well, but the downside is they make you sweat.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

In His service wrote:

I live in good old rainey Oregon. What raingear do you ride with? What keeps you dry and what does not? I have seen some of those one piece riding suits (Tourmaster) in some shops are these worth the money?

You guys are all great!:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Harry :p
have you thought about a wet suit? then when you go out to the coast and want to surf...... (used to live in Gresham)

I have also used a pair of rubber boots I got at wallyworld which beats having wet feet

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

I have used the one piece suit .......well oversized to pull over leathers, and it creates its own weather system inside the suit!!! Plus it is a hassle getting into or out of it. I switched to "Wetskins" 2 piece and it has worked with great success as I always seem to have thunderhead close by. Here is a site that has Wetskins as well as some other brands suited to biking.

http://www.fcsurplus.ca/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=93&cat=Rain+Gear

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
imported post

I use Frogg Toggs for the heavy rainy days. On moderate rain days, I simply ride with my Joe Rocket riding gear that I have treated with Nikwax www.nikwax-usa.com

Boots, I wear waterproof goretex workboots. Never had wet toes wearing them.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

What make are the boots 01hgw? I've never had a pair of biker boots that didn't let in water eventually and it sure would be nice to find any boots that actually work. BTW, welcome to the best place for discussing Wings on the whole web. :waving:

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
imported post

Grouchomax,

Boots are made by Kodiak. My original post I said they were Gore-Tex. Sorry I was incorrect. They're actually SympaTex, I guess like a Gore-Tex compeditor.

Anyhow the boot model numbers are P/N KL7755-4 S/N37110

Hope that helps you.

I have yet to have wet feet in them. Keep in mind though I do treat them with Nikwax spray.

Continued safe riding,

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
imported post

I use gore-tex, 2 or 3 ply, your choice. My reason is that I can use them all year round, for summer wingin, canoeing, fishing and winter snowmachineing,skiing, ice fishing, basically anything with an ing at the end. I get my warmth from under layers and the cost of few hundred dollars it makes it easier to digest if I can wear them all year (4 seasons). Wash gore-tex a couple of times a year, and spray scotch gaurd on them while hanging at the beginning of summer and winter. great for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.