Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

On Tuesday morning I did some work around the house and after lunch decided to go for a short ride. Rainy Creek Summit is 20 miles West of my home in Bragg Creek and is a dead end highway, at least for the Wing. There are fire roads that are more suitable for my XL 350 that are great.

There are numerous campgrounds in this area and it can be busy on the weekends but on a Tuesday very quiet.

Here are some photos I took at the summit.

This guy was not impressed with my photo taking and showed me his good side.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks for sharing :)

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Nice pictures, especially the deer. Beautiful area!

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks guys, we kind of enjoy it out here.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dadgum that is beautiful. Makes me want to go out, get on, and come up and see if for myself. Thanks for the pics.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
Don't let Hodgy fool you guys.....he makes a pretty damn good tour guide. Here's a couple where he was leading us into the Kananaskis (sp). Beautiful ride!!

Here we are with Brian in the middle having a little lunch when he led us to our very quiet campground!! Nice Shades Brian!!

·
639 Posts
Where do I sign up?!!!!!

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
I consider the area where Hodgy lives as one of the most beautiful areas in the world. I graduated high school in the Montana Rockies and thought they were fantastic until I ventured north toward Banff/Jasper areas. Absolutely stunning.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Henry, highway 40 though Kananaskis has re-opened after last years flood. still some work going on with bridges and culverts. I have not gone over there as yet but is on the list, behind painting the outside of the house, etc, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.