Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Where would I find out about future rallies ( summer 05 ) in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick or PEI?

Thanks

Grant

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

Your best bet is to check any of the bike dealerships. They are usually the first and foremost with that kind of info. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about a rally. The Cabot Trail in Cape Breton, you wouldn't want anyone around you, too distracting. The Singing Sands in PEI, take your lil woman and enjoy a romantic sunset. Try and figure out who pulled the plug in the Bay of Fundy at Alma, and when the tide does come in and it doesn't seem like it is going to stop, head north and say hi to the Irish kin in Chatham New Brunswick.

With you being from the Rock, you probably have already seen all that down east property. Jump on the boat, head to the main land and check out the rally in the Yukon. It would probably take you 3 X 15-18hour days to get to where I'm at, and another 3 X 15-18 hour days to get to Whitehorse and that is deadheading gas'n'go.....well check out the site at least.

http://www.rideyukon.com

(Is George Street still alive and wonderful? What a great place!!!!! I played a little hockey on the Rock)

Kyle

Lord tunderin chezuz buoys...we be drinkin wit ta sweets by ta bunches...whale oil beef hooked by mornin!!!!:jumper:

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Hey cousin it,, oh sorry,, Kyle. You speak Neufeneese like a native, I think theres a we bit more of the Rock in you then a hockey game or two. How long you been in Winterpeg??

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

Born and bred small town prairie boy. Been in Winterpeg 25 years. Perfect spot, as I love travelling and I'm smack in the middle of everything here no matter which way I want to go. There is a spot just 15 minutes east of here which is the centre of Canada, and another spot just south and west about a 2 hr drive into the US which is the centre of North America. Can't get much closer to the centre of a continent than that.

It is a beautiful chunk of property with diversity from one end of it to the other we Canadians have and we should really appreciate it. (other than our roads) Neufiewinger from the Rock, have got to be the kindest and friendliest in Canada. Never have I ever felt so welcomeamongst "perfect" strangers. Hospitality is world class and their Irish heritage very unique indeed. As you know, it is a language all of its own.

The east coast on the Atlantic Ocean,is so down home and beautiful. Not many rides get better than the Cabot Trail in CapeBreton. How about the tides in the Bay of Fundy, largest in the world, and they happen twice a day. Hang out at the pier in Alma and chances are you'll get asked to go out and lay down lobster traps or ride the boat into the mud flats and gather clams for a bake, drink, and wait for the tide to come pick you up.

Take the drive to Prince Edward Island on the 18klm Confederation Bridge over open ocean, or take the ferry.See and feelthe pristine beaches of silica sand that sings when you walk on it. Home of the best potatoes in the world, grown in red soil. Ever hear of Anne of Greengables?

Have a drink or three with our Acadian friendsin New Brunswick and their unique blend of French and English. See Chatham and the Irish Festival where the French Nuns saved hundreds and hundreds of children of blight stricken Irish immigrants, and adopted the children into their families,yethelped them maintain their heritage.

Not many places prettier than Gaspe' in Quebec and I feel unfullfilled as I have not taken the time to learn French. The history and grace of Old Quebec City, The Parisian touch of the cafe's in Montreal. The St.Lawrence Seaway, one of the largest inland seaways in the world.

Ontario, the centre of our commerce, but I have to admit, I don't like the Big Cities. There is the honeymoon capital of the world, Niagara Falls, The fact that Ontario touches all five of the Great Lakes..inland seas.

North to our freshest child Nunavut and its Inuit aboriginals who are linked to Asia centuries ago, joined by a land bridge. Better known as the Eskimoes, hunters of Polar Bear and seals in one of the most inhospitable climates in the world.

Manitoba, with 100,000 lakes famous for its fly in fishing trips as there are no roads to get to these places. Churchill, the only place to go and see Polar Bears in their natural habitat. The melting pot of the world settled by French, Germans, Ukranians, Icelantics, The British Isles, Chinese. St.Boniface, the largest french speaking community outside of Quebec. We have more lanuage accents than anyplace else in the world. You should see our women!!!!

Saskatchewan, prairie, table top flat, the gap, with the most phenomenal sunsets one will ever see, with its ocean of golden wheatfields. Settled and cultured very much like Manitoba by hard working ground breaking Europeans.

Alberta where the ground rises. The Banff to Jasper run is rated the number 1 highway in the world to ride and see. Mountains, lakes, waterfalls, icefields, wildlife all in a 4 hour ride. Nothing is a prettier picture than Lake Louise in the Canadian Rocky Mountians, and the finest skiing you will ever find.

British Columbia, the heart of the Rockies, the start of the Alaska Highway at Dawson Creek. The lush thick Interior that swallows you whole and can block out the sun. Liard Hot Springs, discovered when they were building the Alaska Highway. One of the very few natural river springs you can take a break in. It breaks away to the coast of the Pacific Ocean where you will find Victoria Island and the Queen Charlette Islands. Take a ferry ride...go and see. Oh.........to our Budweiser drinkers............ BC BUD isn't a beer!

The North West Territories has like 3 roads. Yellowknife, a modern city absolutely in the middle of nowhere. Another road goes to Wrigley, and the third into Fort Nelson BC.

As you follow the Alaska Highway from Mile 0 in Dawson Creek, you are on a road built by the US Army during the Second World War to forage north, our Achelles Heel. It was the possible point of penetration as we were totally defenceless from that region. This opened up the Yukon Territory. Years before the war, Dawson City was a big hit with the advent of the Gold Rush. Those with Gold Fever landed by the thousands in Skagway Alaska and faced the grim Chilkoot Trailand months of hardship and travel to get to the Gold Fields of Dawson City. It is all still there in all its beauty. One of my favorite places in the world. This is the place to see the Northern Lights, Aurora Boreallis. You will have no idea what I'm talking about unless you've seen it. All the colors of the spectrum. The greatest natural wonder in the world.

Well Goldwinger GURUnot only can I talk like a Neuphie, but I can talk like a frenchman out of Quebec wit da brokan henglash,(as I can't speak French)a farmer out of Saskatchewan, a hippy out of BC, or an Indian from Northern Manitoba. Bet you're sorry you asked "How long you been in Winterpeg."because this is where I am when I'm not in Winnipeg. But you know what the best part is? I've seen most of this on a 1982 Honda Goldwing, and I feel like the luckiest man alive!

I AM CANADIAN!!!

can also do cajun, new york, omish,boston, quaker, maine, midwest, silicone valley, bible belt, and 3 dialects of southern.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Kyle, I enjoyed that read. Very interesting, thanks for sharing it.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

Fitzal

The real neat part is, I have a wonderful lil French gal out of St.Boniface that has shared every inch of every mile and every minute of every hour with me on that scoot.

Kyle

Life is all about being a victim of opportunity!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.