Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I'm in the middle of a carb rebuild of my 78 GL1000 and was wondering if anyone has a copy of Randakk's Carb Rebuild Video that I could borrow? I'll refund you shipping upon return.

LDM
PATASKALA OHIO

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Thank you GLHonda but I just need to view the float setting section. I'm out of work and trying to be thrifty. I did just buy his master rebuild kit for $140.00.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

look ON HIS WEB SITE IT SHOWS WITH PICS HOW TO DO IT THERE. oops caps

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Thank you Scott & RB,
I have been reading his site for years, he is the "GL Guru" but being an Amateur Wrench I still can't understand a couple of things. I'm hoping he goes into more detail for this inexperienced fixer. Thank you for your response.

LDM

·
It aint rocket science
3,966 Posts
imported post

Ask away on your questions, they will be answered here.

JD

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

The floats are easy to set, stand the carbs on end like in the photo , measure from the "lip" to the float. adjust as nessecary( might not need any)

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

I'm hesitant to ask questions not knowing who might answer and if they truely know what they are talking about. That's why I was asking to borrow the video. But here goes...

#1 I don't understand the part about the needle touching the tang but not depressed part. What does it do when not depressed/depressed?

#2 What if floats pairs aren't level with each other how to you fix this?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

the needle has a spring on it too, you want to close the needle valve but not depress the spring. thus the reason to stand the carbs on end , to let them close lightly , without the weight of the floats pressing the spring.

the float"halfs" need to be parrellel or flat to each other.if not just bend then flat again.( in other words when they are on the card and the pin is inboth black float parts should lay the same level, that's all.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

not while setting the carbs.
wilf

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

LDM wrote:
So the spring never gets depressed?
correct, it is a light "touch" really not hard.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

New Float valves ordered last Sunday, Sept 16 should be here soon. I will let you know how it went.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.