Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Interstate
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey, Back again.

The more I fix, the more I find wrong. But! Aberdeen is up and running almost to stock specs. I picked up an 83 Interstate, didn't run, looked OK, seller said it just needed new gas (ha.)

After watching a little YouTube University, I fixed the carb and completely cleaned all the brakes, changed some fluids and. . . Had really capt mileage. 26mpg. So, read up on most common causes; aired up the tires, put my RPMs in check and re-tweeked the carb. Almost getting 34mpg in town now.

Never was the mechanical type as a kid. Glad I'm mechanically inclined. This is the 2nd carb I've ever worked on and it seems to be going well.

Side note: I used to build ebikes and batteries. They're going about the design all wrong for current technology. The goldwing is actually better suited for e-motos. Put a gigantic battery where the tank is with a mid-drive AND a front hub. 2 wheel drive moto baby with longevity to boot. Thinking about making one just to show off, lol. Would only cost $4-$5k and kill the competition.

Ride safe.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,318 Posts
I have a push mower, that "just needs new gas"
it has not run in 3 years, got tired of pulling the rope, and just pushed it under the RV trailer.

Turned it upside down yesterday and drained the tank.
Going to remove the shroud on top, and use an Impact Wrench to spin that sucker fast!!!!

Seafoam in the tank at first, then fresh gas and go mow the berm.

·
Registered
83 Interstate
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a push mower, that "just needs new gas"
it has not run in 3 years, got tired of pulling the rope, and just pushed it under the RV trailer.

Turned it upside down yesterday and drained the tank.
Going to remove the shroud on top, and use an Impact Wrench to spin that sucker fast!!!!

Seafoam in the tank at first, then fresh gas and go mow the berm.
I've always been tactile. There's something about using my own hands and fixing something that appeals to me now.

It also gets the best of me. Because after fixing the mower, I would wonder if I could put a turbo on it. . .

Don't forget to give it a refresher paint job while you're at it, haha.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
62,318 Posts
the Shroud is gone.

spun that thing with the Impact Wrench and Varroom!!!

but it sure did spin for a Long Time, before it fired off.....
No wonder it would not start, with just the Pull Rope.

·
Registered
1998 GL1500 SE
1,054 Posts
Brasco,
No Turbo = No Fun , It says so on the decal my grandson has on his 90cc 4 wheeler!
Now go back to Youtube University and watch Nitrous on Lawnmowers videos. fun stuff !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts