Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:X:X:XBloody FARMERS :whip:,,on there Tractors:X:Xthere was more SLUTCH on the roads in the Ribble valley today,, than ive ever come across,, id have been safer on a Quad,, if id have had my camera with me ,,id have taken a photo, and forwarded it to the Police,,and Lancashire council,,:X Take care lads and lasses, while out and about at this time of year on those country lanes,, you just dont know if the roads going to be full of SLUTCH:whip::whip::whip:end of rant:) all the best pp

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

I don't think I want to know what "slutch" is, but think I can guess being from farm country>

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

papabee49 wrote:
I don't think I want to know what "slutch" is, but think I can guess being from farm country>
Slutch is life :action:. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Our biggest problem is harvest time gotta watch out for those beans and corn on the roads coming around the bends:action:

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

RayandTracy wrote:
Our biggest problem is harvest time gotta watch out for those beans and corn on the roads coming around the bends:action:

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:
Well between the corn/beans/ and other farm animal droppings... those roads get really nasty around here:shock:

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

yes its a bad time of the year, the other part of year i dont like is autumn time when all the leaves decide to fall off the trees. I think they are linked, when you slide on the leaves you go slutch, this sends as subliminal message to the farmers to put more slutch on and make the trees bigger

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

This is slutch a confusing topic.

What we worry about here in New jersey is the tons of ice melt and sand on the roads. I accumulates exactly where a bikes path is , as well as right in the center of 4 way intersections. If not sand then you have crumpled asphalt fron the salt and plows.
Every corner is a nightmare.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
Remember, when you talk about farmers, don't talk with your mouth full!:cooldevil:
I know they are doing their job...just stating the facts :waving:

I'm sure they would complain if I drove my semi though their fields :D

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
SB in SC wrote:
Remember, when you talk about farmers, don't talk with your mouth full!:cooldevil:
I know they are doing their job...just stating the facts :waving:

I'm sure they would complain if I drove my semi though their fields :D
I agree with SB 100 %

If the farmer fails at his job , we won't need anytrucksor will we be able to support motorcycles :waving:

I wish them all well , I also thank them for feeding me

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Hey here did I hear a rant from one of the farm animals?:headbanger: What are you trying to do, Outlaw my honey wagon? If it wasn't for me you would not have the sweet smell of Spring as you venture out on your first runs after a long winter.:action:

Ahhhh! The sweet smell of fresh country air. Nothing smells better than my hog pen after a good rain.:cheeky1:

Show some love for us farmers:3sum:

keep on Winging:bat:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
imported post

What does a 747 and a farmer have in common? they both whine all the way to Arizona!!! (local joke) I love farmers, was one myself years ago(farmers son).

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I don't particularly love any farmers, but what they grow is another story...:cooldevil:pig farms aren't where I want to live but how could I live without bacon, pork chops, sausage, ham and all that lovely stuff. Drove by a bunch of big feed lots today, all that stink just reminded me of T-bones and rib steaks.

Damn, it's hell being an omnivore.:cheeky1:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

I love farmers; but I sure don't have the guts to be one! If you own or work a farm, you are in prison, sure.....! You are chained to the soil......

I have a brother-in-law that farms hay. He worries about rain like a hen-pecked husband worries about what his wife is thinking.... If he cuts it at the wrong time, and then it rains, he can sit in his window and watch his dollars float off down his ditches! I told him he didn't really need to bea farmer. For a slight fee, I could come over and kick him in the groin two or three times a year! Be simpler! Same result!

:cheeky1:

I had a surrogate father once: he was a hay farmer and a great mountaineer, and he and his brother invented the modern climbing snowshoe..... great, wise, and funny man. One time a bunch of us were out snowshoing in the winter mountains. Some of us were talking about what we'd do if we ever won the new Washington State Lottery.....

"Gene," I asked my surrogate father. "What would you do if you won $10 million in the lottery?"

He thought for a moment. "Well," he said. "I'd probably just keep on farmin' hay until it was all gone!"

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

I loved that man! God rest his soul........

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

:)Ill clear the confusion up over SLUTCH,,its a slang term, used in the north of England, for Mud,, Animal waste,, dirty mess,,,etc,,etc,,the Farmer iam on about, had been in his field ,,with a tractor and trailer,,churning it all up,and then driving on the roads, leaving half the churned up mess {SLUTCH} all over the place,,,very ,,very,,nasty for Motorcycles,,, hope this helps ya,ll:cheeky1:;)

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
imported post

I had a good idea what it was. I drive allot of back roads in wisconsin and see it all the time. Right now I waiting for the snow to go away so I can get up my driveway so I can start riding again.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

pinkpork wrote:
:)Ill clear the confusion up over SLUTCH,,its a slang term, used in the north of England, for Mud,, Animal waste,, dirty mess,,,etc,,etc,,the Farmer iam on about, had been in his field ,,with a tractor and trailer,,churning it all up,and then driving on the roads, leaving half the churned up mess {SLUTCH} all over the place,,,very ,,very,,nasty for Motorcycles,,, hope this helps ya,ll:cheeky1:;)
Sounds almost as bad as following a dump truck full of gravel!

I know, we need you truckers out there and I appreciate most of you and the work you do, but, God love ya, those of you who haul dirt, gravel or other substances and don't take care to properly secure your load or ensure that your rig will carry the load w/o shedding it all along your journey, well...something just ain't right about that (No offense intendedto the manyresponsible truckers out there).

There...I said my peace.

DeDub

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

If you dont like the way Ima drivin , get back on the interstate , otherwise sit tight and relax , and quit your honkin at me thata way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b52SDopaMZY
Good tune Good tune!!

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
imported post

pinkpork wrote:
if id have had my camera with me ,,id have taken a photo, and forwarded it to the Police,,and Lancashire council,,:X
Instead of wastingthe time and effort that you put into your rant,why not just phone the local Police and/or the Highways Department of your local Council. You don't need to take a photo,you just need to state the location of the offending mud. The Council has a legal obligation to do something about it.

Farmers,along with everyone else,are liable,under The Highways Act 1980,Section 137 and 148,for any mud or other debri that they leave behind.

That said,if you ride/drive on rural roads,its reasonable to expect to come across some mud!

I've lost count of the amount of times that I've called the Police/Highways Dept,to report mud,diesel etc,etc,(on 3 occassions in my area alone,3 farmers were successfully prosecuted as a direct result my complaints)but,I'll keep on doing it,and I urge everyone else to do the same.It could save someone's life.I guess some would just rather rant than do something positive.

I don't suppose many Highway Dept bods frequent this forum very often!

Oh,and before anyone asks;I am the son of a farmer,lived in the sticks all my life. Farmers have my utmost respect,except when they leave mud on the road that puts my,and others,life in danger.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.