Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Guys,

The wing should be here in the next week or so. Unfortunately the seller didn't have time to install the CB radio prior to shipping. How hard is it to install it (it is a genuine hondaline cb radio), I've checked the past post's on the site but couldn't find what I'm looking for:cool:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey medic1 :waving:

Gosh i thought you had taken delivery of the :15grey: The photo that you showed here, i was thinking you had a lot of snow in Limerick. :crying: I dont knowanything about CB's so some of the experts will soon help you out. :weightlifter:

Good luck with her when she arrives. :jumper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Wish it was here Redwing. Longest time of my life these last couple of weeks :crying::crying::crying::crying:. They were both supposed to be here on Friday but got only picked up from the seller's house today. Hopefullly someone will be able to answer my query. If I ever get a chance to go to the Island's, I'll look you up :p:p:p.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

If the bike is a US spec then all the wiring is in place. You just connect the CB to the wiring under the left tank panel and the antenna to the connector under the saddle. If you got a used CB you will also need the round resistors (or whatever they are called) that go on the back of the alternator and the top of the fuel pump. Also make sure the CB has the big connector block that interfaces with the wiring under the left shelter.
If you CB kit is new then all those bits will be included. I know Jason has fitted these to US bikes and so has the wingnut and I think it only takes about an hour to do the whole job.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi Austin

I was talking to GREG in the shipping company yesterday and he told me what happened ,,but you will have it soon ,,dont panic ,,re CB ...if it is the original 1500 cb it will be easy as all the wiring loom is in place and you just need to connect the blocks ,,dont forget you will need an aerial.the panel where it fits will pop out ,,if you are having problems give me a ring and I will put you on to someone who fitted one only a few weeks ago ,,,,cheers Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

medic1 wrote:
Wish it was here Redwing. Longest time of my life these last couple of weeks. If I ever get a chance to go to the Island's, I'll look you up.
Hey medic1 :waving:

Hopefully you wont need a stretcher. :stumped:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Hi Ciaran,

Got an e-mail from the seller yesterday to state that the bikes had been picked up by the shipper & were on their way to JFK :15green::15green::15green:. Redwing do you think I could fit a strecther onto the wing :grinner::grinner::grinner:. Sure one of these day's I'll meet you in St Anne's St for a coffee or 7up:coollep:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.