Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Has anyone had success trying to renew the gold on the tank and sidecover emblems? Or anyone know where to get them ? I am thinking if I can find some they will be spendy. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

I'll watch this thread closely, because I'm interested as well - If it can be done inexpensively. . . . . . . .

Whatever you do, don't take a whack at it with Testors gold enamel, and a straw broom - which is apparently what one of the P.O.s of my 1500 did. :shock:

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

OK then. I will throw the broom away and give the kids back the Testors..... and I thought that would work...... I was wondering if goldleafing will work, or a printing roller and some gold chrome paint. It will be trial and error I suppose.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Well, I took a look at Crescent moon. Nice stuff, but pricey. I think I will try the Bare-Metalfoil and see how it turns out. I like trying to do what I can myself. Here isasamplepic of my 78 project.Pic was taken tonight afterthe paint has dried for 3 days, I puttheleft side on to get a peek at how it will look. I still have to colorsand and buff it all out, polish the valve covers, put some pinstripe on and of course, the emblems.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

I own a sign shop and have some material that is brushed gold. I could cut you some and mail them to you if all you need is the HONDA. I could also do it in any other color or even chrome if you are a chrome fan. Would be regular mail so no shipping and wouldn't cost you much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.