Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black new to me 1800 that is showing every single mark. I am struggling with the scratches. Even doing the professional detail I still get marks from every touch. By marks I mean scratches. If i were to repaint the bike in a different colour (color for the americans) can you give me some idea of how much? and how big a job to strip everything down. I have had the back end of a 1500 completely stripped but not touched an 1800.

thanks

Mark

·
Administrator
21,946 Posts
You shouldn't have to take any plastic off. Just get a gallon of paint, a good brush, and go to work. Paint in the morning and it should be dry enough to ride after lunch.

Removing the plastic on a 'Wing isn't that big a deal. Just take notes, or pictures of how things fit as you disassemble and you'll be fine.
Make it a winter project.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
The 1800 is harder to strip the panels off than the 1500. Most of the owners I know who had their 1800 Wings resprayed had the shop leave the upper fairing on the bike, and the trunk base also. The rest of the panels can be removed in a couple of hours, and the Wing covered/masked up with just the fairing upper and trunk base exposed.

Cost is a hard one to judge. I've heard anything from £600 up to well over £1,000. More if you want Chromaflair type paint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.