Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey folks I'm James I introduced myself back a few weeks ago. Nightwizard40 directed me to this site and i have since become addicted!!!!!!! Anyway on to the subject I am looking for a 1975 through 1987 Goldwing my preferance is actually for the 78-83 and Im looking for a decent rider needing a bit of work is ok and in the 2k or LESS range and also would be great if it was in the southeast. I know thats a huge request but I have seen what you guys can do!!!

Thanks James

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum James, If you spend some time on Craigslist, in the tennessee, georgia, alabama area I see wings going for that all the time, you may have to spend a day driving to get it, but that's half of the fun. Anyway, I will do some looking on my own and see if I can help you out. Happy Hunting.:action:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

I have an 82 for $2000 if you want to come up and get it...

No front fairing or trunk.. I am working on making it a part nekkid:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Digger thats actually what I prefer I wanna go for that heavy cruiser look got any pics? and how does the old girl run?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Im in a bit of a hurry of sorts I'm riding in the law ride this may in honor of my father and a brother officer who we lost last year I know not the best time frame but im trying. lol Im trying to get the bike ready by the end of april so it can make a ride from Alabama to Washington D.C. But ill keep that in mind Scott thanks!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

Getting a bike from Digger to you is no sweat. I had a bike shipped from CA to Chicago a few weeks ago for a song.

The couple that delivereditwere real good people. Husband and wife team, and all they do is drive their pickup andenclosed trailer across the US and deliver bikes--and they did it quick too. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you their number so you can ask them directly for their price.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

It runs great... I am in the process of making it a partial nekkid since it was in an accident.. Replaced the front forks and rim/tire.. Was hit in the front and destroyed the fairing.. And I liked the look of Ty's bike with just the side saddle bags on it..

I will get pix this weekend and email them to you... PM me your email address.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

PM sent to Digby!!!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

thanks digby Ill check em as soon as I get home

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Aw. come on Digger, post the pics so we all can see them!!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Nice looking bike Digby I'll keep your bike on the top of list in case I dont find one more local to me

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Still looking for my a southern bike time draws nigh!!! I did find a 85 GL1200 down in pensacola with 99k on the clock for $1500 but im concerned about the stator issue with all 1200s I dont want it to fail on me in D.C.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

If you found a 85 1200 for $1500 you better grab it. Anyone looking for a bike will take it.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Here is the link for it maybe I shouldnt post it but as I am a little unsure about this bike some other member might snatch it up and not let it sit at least. Acording to George the salesman the bike is clean and runs very very good and everything works that he can test, he doesnt have a tape to test the cassette deck however lol. If nothing else I may just bite the bullet on this ride its just a few hours ride down there for me. My only real concern is the stator issue I know with these bikes its not an if but a when.

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/mcy/1024172761.html

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

Deleted. Either sold fast or was pulled.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Just talked with the salesman and someone did place a credit card deposit on the bike, so I guess things work out for a reason back to the search!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.