Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As a Touring bike GL deserve to have THE BEST. A proper lighting system is one of them.
i.e. HID Bi-Xenon System or why not LED headlights.
A proper self adjusting (both levelling and distance) and some curve lighting system would be extremely welcomed feature.
As it is now , bike goes one way, fairing and lights the other.
I mean the cars have got Projectors etc. A GL should also be in line for a 21[sup]st[/sup] Century Light System as well.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

HID would be very good, but cost is probably why we won't see this for a while at least. LED's aren't good enough yet for headlight use. I've read about it being tested, but so far no real sign of LED's being widely adopted for headlights. It would be nice though, less drain on the battery would leave more juice available for other goodies.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

HID would be very good, but cost is probably why we won't see this for a while at least. LED's aren't good enough yet for headlight use. I've read about it being tested, but so far no real sign of LED's being widely adopted for headlights. It would be nice though, less drain on the battery would leave more juice available for other goodies.

The cost is usually in the design and manufacturing, tooling etc.
Honda is already using THE BEST Bi-Xenon HID Projectors in the cars.
The headlights on a GL has enough depth to allow installation of Projectors.
There is enough empty space in the fairing to allow for the ballast to be located there.

Everyone knows that the Standard Headlights of a GL is not good enough since most owners are using driving lights.

So what are we waiting for Honda Designers?????
Or do we have something more interesting in the pipeline????

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

I agree. Honda already have the units, all they need to do is make the adapters to fit the fairing or back of headlights.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
imported post

Absolutely I agree that Honda should be installing bi-Xenon bulbs and the proper reflector. I am just speaking for myself, but many of the people riding Goldwings are either in retirement or close to getting there. Let's face it, these are high end motorcycles and it's the older crowd that can afford them. HONDA, keep in mind a lot of us do not have the night vision of a twenty year old anymore. I have bi-Xenon lights in two of my cars and the night visibility is incredible. This is a much cooler bulb and a lot less drag on the battery. If Honda won't do it, what about some of the after market companies?

Kurt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.