Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

With Oregonwinger and a couple friends we had something even closer last week. A squirrel ran out in front of one of our bikes (don't remember whose) got just past the front wheel without getting squashed, reversed back toward the wheel and then reversed again and ran off the road. I couldn't believe the critter made it the first time then when he reversed I was sure blood and guts would be on the road but he made it. I don't know about squirrels having nine lives like a cat but they obviously have at least two.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Yep, pretty darn close!

A few critters, squirrels, chipmunks and rabbits at least, owe their life to me. Dodged them several times. I think it was you Paul, that I saw almost nail a squirrel on some mountain road.

John

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

What the heck was it? It looks an awful lot like weasel or an otter.:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

At the Silverstone track back home there are the Silverstone hairs that run out at the worst times . some times they make it across some times they don't . Ive seen then run out in front of Porsche 962 going full tilt and make it across the track . I saw a deer try the same thing with an F1 car and both lost that one . Its scary if you on or off the track .

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

Flyone had an experience like that once - only problem is the poor little rabbit didn't make it. He shot right out of Fly's ring of fire. We Rhinos in the know actually have a song for him because of it. It deals with Elmer Fudd and some pesky rabbit. :ROFL:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

tybme wrote:
Flyone had an experience like that once - only problem is the poor little rabbit didn't make it. He shot right out of Fly's ring of fire. We Rhinos in the know actually have a song for him because of it. It deals with Elmer Fudd and some pesky rabbit. :ROFL:
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

I was coming home from a long weekend in the mountains when I saw a rabbit run under the trailer of a large truck. It ran in front of the rear set of wheels, came out the other side without a scratch. First time I had ever seen something like that.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

We all how Flyone is!!!:ROFL::ROFL:HE'S hunting RABETTTTTTS.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::needahug::needahug:

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

Was riding one weekend and my wife's sister was riding in front of me when a squirrl ran in front of her....she missed it, but it quickly done a 180 and ran into her back tire......it was barely kicking when I went past it.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
imported post

About 30 years ago,just around dusk, I was cutting through an apt. complex parking lot and ran right up the white stripe of a skunk from back to front. I caught it with its tail down. I didn't see it till it was too late. He didn't spray. I think we scared the (&*^$^%$#^&*&) out of each other. I saw it run away in mi mirrors so it wasn't dead. Boy, my heart sure was pumping though! :doh:

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I've always understood the rule to be, if you could eat it in one sitting, don't bother dodging it.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

I've ran over many snakes, rabbits, squirrels, Big spiders, frogs, and I even hit an armadillo once. All in my car. On the bike, nothing yet (knock on wood).

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

I had a pair of dogs run out in front of me once. They crossed my path. They were about 50 lbs each, so it was a close call. The first one made it clean, but I clipped the second one in the tail. I bet he won't do that again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.