Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was out riding today, 90* and reached down and touched the front lower section of the faux tank it nearly burned my hand..well I it pulled it back real fast. The left side is hotter than the right but both very hot on the lower side portion on the front half of the tank.

Is that normal, for a 1100 I after just a few minutes driving in town or out on the road either way it's hot.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I've never felt of the upper sides of the faux tank, I'll have to try it after some riding to see if mine gets hot.......:baffled:got me!

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

sun can heat that rly bad with almost no air flow that can cool it down i could believe that it almost burn ur hand. anyway, on the left side i think its the regulator. firt thought when you said one side was hotter than the other i thought it was the water tank.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The left hand side can get pretty warm from the regulator/rectifier and the right side has the coolant expansion tank and radiator neck which can get pretty hot. The lower part of both sides of the front of the top cover (faux tank) also gets heat because it's right behind the hot end of the radiator.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Nightwizard,

I forgot to give you the CD2 Endetailer. I appologize.. I forget easily.
Thanks,

Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

...which is why later (non-GW) bikes have the r/r in the airstream rather than stuffed inside a fairing somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.