Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Really one of the Great Goldwing sites I've found!

973 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  mrbigrick 
#1 ·
imported post

Sadly, why were there no books written on the GL1100 not just tech stuff but it sure would be cool to have a look at reviews from the late 70's up, esp.w. pic's what i have found here is a wealth of info scattered about, how can it be put into book form is my question?

At best my other skill is some artistry, Logo's and sketching, some airbursh stuff, been wanting to get that and pin stripping down, but with a fulltime job I hardly have time to do anything!:cool:

#2 ·
imported post

Amyone know how much honestly Honda should charge to do the starter clutch on my 81 Gl1100, if I have to go that way I don't want to deal with hyped up shop fees etc. and what are they allowed to add on, shop towels etc? for example last wing I had I bent the valves cost me $350 for everything, at A1 which sadly is no longer around, Sr. passed on.

The closest thing out here is prob Jordan Sportwheels and thats a ways out fm Saint Paul.

besides that i need a shop that can fix it but also let me get my cash flow together!

not many like that anymore i'm sure.

#3 ·
imported post

Don't miss out on one good free resourse mrbigrick, there is a downloadable workshop manual available here on the site from a fellow member GSMaclean, which you will find by looking in the Reference F&Q forum.

:waving::waving:

#10 ·
imported post

mrbigrick wrote:
just wondering do you guys in the UK also have Veteran Riders clubs like Patriot guard to keep the liberal types at bay!?
Indeed we do sir!! If you click on the link in my signature line, headed RBLR it will take you to the Royal British Legion Riders Branch site. We are a National Branch of what is the Royal British Legion, which is much the same organisation as the American and Canadian Legions. There are other Vets riding groups, but I am not that familliar with them. They tend to be run as "clubs" whereas the Legion Riders are secifically NOT a club, but purely part of the Legion charity. We have a small International membership too, including two guys from Texas. There are a good few members of the RBLR who are also members of this fine site.

I have also signed as an International member of the Patriot Guard.

Anyway, enough of that, back to your tranny issues Guv'...........:waving:

#11 ·
imported post

mrbigrick wrote:
Does the thinner oil usually do the trick, I have heard that I should drain, then put a quart of Tranny fluid in the engine run a few mins then drain then fill with good lightweight oil

sounds like that would work just fine

what weight oil have u been using ?

if u have been using 20-50 oil i would try some 5-30 or 10-30 car oil, be sure to let us know if it helps anything

#12 ·
imported post

Very Cool, I've always admired the bravery, and sometimes the over the top stiff upper lip esp. when portrayed in motion Pic's walking right into gun fire etc.

And don't care what Gen. Patton said, Gen. Montgomery was a cool character!

I useta love telling my young troops back has an Jr. NCO stuff like "sorry I won't be going with you chaps..." when they had some goofy detail like cleaning Shiter's ha,ha! those were the day's miss the troops I served with been over Thirty years now, wonder if any fell into deeper drug use etc.

Sadly, back then it was a bad trip, most of us used drug's and really drank too much!

now older, the ol body remind's me of the abuse from time to time, just thankful too God that I had enough sense ta give it up years ago!

Tell your Guy's a fella from Minnesota, who wished he could afford to travel there, send's greeting's and blessing's hope all your young troops come home too!

No need ta call me Mr. I'm prob in your age group, but you can call me You Emenance, or your excellancey ha, ha!

#13 ·
imported post

I would try a 5-30. Make sure it is not energy conserving, as that can effect you wet clutch. However, I highly doubt that has anything to do with it. (starter issues)

If it comes to the point you have to change the starter drive, its not that big a deal. If you buy the parts, ride it down here to southern Indiana, we can do it on a Saturday and Sunday. No charge. Can even put you up for the night(s). Or if you like to camp, my house sits in the middle of 10 acres inside the Hoosier National Forest.

It is a little time consuming, as you have to yank the motor out. You do need a special tool to get the clutch plate off and on (I made one). I just did this on a buddys 1100 about a year ago.

Edited for spelling

#14 ·
imported post

Wow, Sonny that table lift is very cool ha,ha! and thank's so much for the invite, I and the wife were hopeing to be in Lansing Il next month to visit an old Trucking buddy, but it seems He's back in the Hospital, and would rather we wait a bit, also wanted to say my finances are kinda weak at this point, perhaps by summer, thing's will be a bit better, I wish there was a pictoral step by step on how to take it out, did you say I might need some special equiptment?

And once out if I take it to Honda do you think they'd take me lol or would I be better off taking it to a Dealership that sells Cars n Bike with the Bike shop this is a new thing for me just poking around with the dumb questions because it stirs up the ol thought process!

I use to haul to Alcoa in Indiana, back then I was with TSMT out of Joplin, one of the Best OTR Trucking Outfits, and Joplin I loved it!

Anyway, hope to meet ya someday Sir,Thank's!

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.