Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

2,500 miles and bidding at $2000. Its a long time since I seen one as nice as this.

THE LINK

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

WOW:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:That is one good looking Aspy.......................WOW again.......................

·
Administrator
26,563 Posts
imported post

And it hasn't been ruined with a bunch of gawdy farkles either.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I agree Dave. Its a very clean original Wing. I wonder what the reserve price is, it hasn't been reached yet.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

but the reserve isnt met yet so he probably wants like 4 grand for it more than likely

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

It's not staying at $2k, but reach $4? I don't know. I'll be watching with interest.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

regardless of any condition its really not a collector bike or even a limited edtion its not a hemi cuda or a rolls royce its a mass produced honda goldwing

for the money it sells for which someone will buy you can just take that cash and get something newer and nicer

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
imported post

$3138.00 and reserve not met?! Someone is dreaming...

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

what'd i tell ya rediculus pricing it aint a mazarati or anything like that its a 30yr old mass produced machine that really dosent have any face value

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Couldn't agree more. The fact that the seller has a reserve somewhere above $3k is ludicrous.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
imported post

I do enjoy the GL1100's but can't stand the gauge cluster. Very pretty bike though.

peterbilt, it ain't a mazarati, but it is certainly worth whatever two people would give for it!

I like the $1000 GL1100, spend about $500 in parts and a couple weeks of concentrated work, and you have a great summer bike for next to nothing. But that's just me.

Some spend $28,000 and get the same thing.

Oh well...

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
imported post

I'll tell ya, had a worn out Interstate GL1100 come up down the street, 68,000 miles, all chromed up and it sold for $3200. Certainly not worth it but it only takes one buyer. On ebay, it takes two.

I graduated HS in 82 and only dreamed about owning a Goldwing. I've owned several nice bikes since but when it comes to a Goldwing, I wanted the GL1100.

I have done well with a couple GL1100. They are cheap, have typical problems and have learned how to fix most of them. Some folks want the Goldwing expereince, be nastalgic and not spend $20,000 plus. A great starter cruiser, low risk, great fun!

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
imported post

My avitar is of my first goldwing. $800 Did my training on it. Actually went naked since the condition of the bike was poor and proud to keep other bikes on the road.

My naked is a bit different with my interpretation of how the Goldwing should have looked. It is much lighter and great for my large frame...

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

but for the same money it sells for you can sure buy a really nice 1500 or kawasaki similar for 4 or 5 grand would get you a nice 2000 or newer

what its worth its not the question its really how much would you spend on it?

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
imported post

There's a 91 1500 in AR that can be bought cheaper than that is. This 1100 is in a lot better shape cosmetically though. Both have the same amount of miles.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

now ~$3300... my guess is that the reserve is higher than 5k .. and I think it would be worth it to someone who wants to show it.. consider that the bike sold for about $4000 in 1983.. that would be about $8600 in todays dollars... It is old technology and too nice to ride; it belongs with a collector...

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

It's over $4K now......

Would I pay that? No way, because I know there are cheaper alternatives out there, we all do, and we are all willing to spend the time, money and energy finding an old bike cheap, finding all the parts to fix it up and ride the hell out of it........ Im not thinking we are the buyers this guy is looking for, and based on the $4 price tag, there is a buyer out there.....

There was a guy in Charlotte that had an LTD for sale for $6K. He marketed the FI system as the only Fuel injected Bike of it's time..... "Rare" ....... And it sold. Thought about putting mine on for $8K after that.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

nice old bike and the higher it goes, the more mine is worth...

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

:wtf:

Well, he's got over $4,000 and reserve not yet met - that's silly.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.