Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

1980 gl1100 interstate, where is the fitting to inflate the rear air cushion the little red light on the instrument cluster keeps coming on so i think the psi is low

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

on my '82 it's under the right side cover, under the seat.,,

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Big Cahuna wrote:
on my '82 it's under the right side cover, under the seat.,,
Yeppers, that's where it's at, just above the rear brake pedal switch. Max pressure on my 82 is 56 psi, yours may differ.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

DO not inflate with a compressor pump unles you have a restrictor. You will blow your shocks out.
I used to have a foot pump.
Alos only add or adjust the pressure with bike on center stand. WIth it on the sidestand the compressed shocks wioll give a false reading.It will also push the air out quicker.
Its high pressure on thos shocks but small volume so a lil air goes along way.
Good thing to have is one of the air guages with the release valve on it. I bought mine at harbor freight,
This was essential to me due to the air pressure lessening just as you remove the air guage giing you a lower reading.
i would have to fill up a higher than recommended air pressure and then check with a aguage making sure to stop releasing air 8lbs before my desired reading.
With the other guage you simplkey read the dial and hit the release to just about one or two PSI before your desired setting.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

Wow, sounds like you should set your air pressure regulator at the pressure you want, then you have no chance of overfilling it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.