Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

the rear air shocks on my 1980 gl 1100 leak down after an hour i soap checked and removed the bags and found that the shocks are leaking someone told me you can rebuild them i am having trouble finding the rebuilt kits those shocks are almost 400 dollars each jeez.....

i can get spring ride ones for 75 for the set is it worth rebuilding or just installing non air ride ones... i just use this bike to drive back and forth to work and around with my dad on short 100 to 200 mile trips nothing cross country any help would be appreciated thanks everyone

big a

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

You can rebuild them. I'm not sure who sells the kit, but I know of folks that have rebuilt them. Maybe someone else will chime in shortly.;)

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
imported post

I had a similar problem with mine. However, on closer inspection I discovered a crack at the bottom of the shock absorber. I replaced them with a pair of progressives. It's nice to be able to adjust them periodically without having to monitor the air supply. Before beginning the rebuild make sure the seals are the only place where the air is escaping.

Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.