Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Have you ever had one of those day's that you should have just stayed in bed??. Well mine was yesterday. I work a night shift @ Kennedy Space Center and I drove the wing in for work @ 3:00 PM. I did my shift and started home about 11:30 PM, as I made the corner from our shop I heard a bang!!. I stopped and looked the bike over and found nothing out of the norm. I continued and traveled for about 3 miles. Now mine you it's around 9 miles from my house to the Rocket Ranch, Anyway somewhere in the middle it "BLEW" and cut loose. I managed to keep it under control all of the way to the stop. I couldn't put it up on the center stand cause it was to low. a passer by happened to notice me and stopped. He asked me if I needed help and I asked him if he could help me put it on the center stand and he did. I looked the rear tire over and found a hole in the center of the tire about half the size of a dime!!!. I had a can of "Fix-a-flat" and it wouldn't fill the hole. I had a guy stop who happen to have a "PLUG" kit, we plugged it and filled it with A/C Freon. It seemed to hold so I started off to the house. The guy followed me to to be sure I made it. Well part way into the trip home it "BLEW" again, this time the tire came off the rim and I went sideways coming into an intersection. I'm just thankful the people that were going thought the intersection at the same time noticed " EVIL KNIEVEL " doing motorcycle acrobatics!!! and stopped to allow me to finish my sequence. I maneged to keep control of it "AGAIN" and came to rest near a Racetrack. I got it parked there and paused for a moment to clean out my underwear!!!. the fella that was following me said he thought we were in some kind of movie the way I came through that intersection!!!. Well he gave me a ride home and the next morning I went out to my truck (92 Chevy Blazer full size) and hooked up the trailer. I started out and remembered I need another tie-down. I turned around and went back to the house. I got the strap and when I went outside I noticed water/antifreeze under the truck??. I popped the hood and it was leaking from the heater core!!. GREAT!!! What next!!!!!. Anyway I managed to get the bike, fix the tire, and I still have to remove the heater core to repair the truck. I sure hope like hell the rest of my week goes smooth????.

Allan:waving:

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
imported post

Allan its good to hear the Gaurdian angels stayed on after the first blowout and put in some overtime to keep you safe the second time in one evening .

As for the Blazer , good gosh man, you live in Florida . Bypass the heater and keep on trucking :ROFL:. That new heater core is good scooter money going out the window ;)

I have a plug in my Pilot GT rear tire and this is the next project :

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

whew !:shock: I'm tired from just reading your Story ! Good job keeping a cool head about you:action:

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Mike

I know everybody raves about the Pilot GT, but you're going to love that Wintersport.

Pat

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
...I have a plug in my Pilot GT rear tire and this is the next project:
> Ah, good choice, you'll like the wintersport

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
Allan its good to hear the Gaurdian angels stayed on after the first blowout and put in some  overtime to keep you safe the second time  in one evening .

As for the Blazer , good gosh man, you live in Florida . Bypass the heater and keep on trucking :ROFL:. That new heater core is good scooter money going out the window ;)

OnaWingandaPrayer

Is that a car tire I see there???:cheesygrin:

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
Allan its good to hear the Gaurdian angels stayed on after the first blowout and put in some overtime to keep you safe the second time in one evening .

I don't believe it..My Florida Buddy going to the Dark Side???:applause:

Take good notes Bud..We may change mine up to that toothis winter while down there.

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
imported post

Nice job saving the bike and your butt 2 times, things should only get better.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

so you never did say did you bother washing your underwear or did you just throw them away?????

glad to hear you kept it up

can we call ya..... "skidmark"

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Predator wrote:
How in the world do you plug a hole the size of a dime???????????
That was what I was thinking. What type of tire was it? dunflop, stones, darkside:shock::shock:? any ways, good job on keeping it up both times. Florida doesn't get that cold so I would just bypass that heater core for now. It's not going to hurt anything. I probably would have just stopped and gotten a ride the first time it went flat though, but I could see what you were thinking. probably something along the lines of "it only needs to hold until I get home"

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
imported post

seems ike the cost of damging the wheel was worse than that repair, plus killing yourself on blowout getting it home.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
imported post

Makes my rear flat story kinda lame, just got my wing in the drive in time....

BUT, I am glad you saved your Wing and your Rear !!!

·
Forum Toolmaster
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Well the hole size was "half the size of a dime". It was a Dunlop "E" 3 that blew. As for my frame of mind about trying to get it home!!, the area I would have left the girl in is not so " user friendly". So on that note I believe if you did leave her there and returned in the morning, I might have been making out a police report for a stolen bike. Just didn't want to put myself in another bad situation!!!!. I'm just glad I made it "period". As for the" underware" just maned up and went home and took a shower!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

flyboyziel56 wrote:
As for my frame of mind about trying to get it home!!, the area I would have left the girl in is not so " user friendly". So on that note I believe if you did leave her there and returned in the morning, I might have been making out a police report for a stolen bike. Just didn't want to put myself in another bad situation!!!!.
That's actually kinda what I was thinking. Close to home + not in a good area, etc... Either way, you still have your bike and you aren't pushing up flowers so good on ya. If I was in that situation I would have called my wife or a friend to bring the truck, but I'm not you and I don't know the complete whole of the story. You did what you felt was best and that's all that matters. Keep on winging man.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i mean ive patched large holes on tractor tires... ive taken a few plugs twisted them together to seal kinda.. but even half the size of a dime is pretty big on a tractor tire you run low pressure lots of surface area..

on a mc or car tire its high psi low surface area...you must be related the the michellen man cuz even on the tractor tires on the farm we had to stop very very often to add more air to the leaking tire

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

glad your home safe and sound, look at the bright side, next time it happens, "you'll know what to do" LOL

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a towing plan might be something to add to your riding package.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Whew! Man. Glad you made it home, and the bike made it,too. I would love to seen the Kinevil stunts, but then again, maybe not!!!! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
imported post

Man never heard of using 134 In tires.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.