Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

When i had the rear tire (Tyre) replaced about 800 miles back the person who did it replaced the rear disc's also. I really have to press the foot brake lever quite well down to have a good braking affect. What can i do to have the brakes on the foot brake respond earlier so that the brake pedal have not to be depressed as much as now.? Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

some thing else too conster--- if new pads were also put on with the disk --it`ll take a bit milleage before they wear to each other and greatly inprove braking .

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi johan have you checked the brake fluid level when he fitted the new pads he would have to push the calibur pistons back in and can result in a loss of fluid from over flow

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

I assume the problem is traveldistance and not applied force.

The rear calipers have full floating pistons- no adjustment. The rear brake pedal has an adjustment rod to the master cylinder, and I believe it has 0.5 inch travel before it applies pressure. Other than this adjustment, there would be nothing else to affect its travel. New pads should not affect the travel.

Check the rotor smoothness. Grooves and Dished will require the new pads to seat.

I was uncomfortable with my braking force. Switched to copper sinter pads and immediately noticed a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

I was wondering if you or anyone else found a solution to this problem? I have the same thing on my bike. I have great rear/front pedal breaking power it just that my pedal goes down too far. I tried the 1/2 inch adjustment on the adjustment rod. It cant be adjusted anymore or it will fall out of the threaded end. There is an adjustment on the pedal itself. But the shop manual says to line the slot on the pedal to the mark on the spline shaft. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.