Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rear brake ............GL1500.

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Hawker22 
#1 ·
imported post

Bled the rear brake (using vacuum pump). Goes soft after about 100kms. (Sounds familiar eh?) Pumping the pedal does nothing. A few years ago I remember reading an article about anchoring the rear brake pedal down with wire and a piece of wood to harden the pedal up overnight. It works but does anyone know how? If there is air in the lines where does it go to make it ineffectual? (word of the week :)) The pedal is rock hard after using this method.
Just re-read this ... confused......sorry about my English...it"s my age and the fact it"s my first language.... ::shock::(:(::cooldevil:

#2 ·
imported post

hi dave if you dont have a leak you can see look at the master cylinder it has a rubber cover over it pull this and just see if its wet you are drawing in air some were

#3 ·
imported post

Good Day David my theory is that by putting pressure on the pedal over night you allow any air to self bleed back to the reservoir , it also works if you tie back the break leaver. How you doing mate 2deg C here, you lucky bugger.:waving::waving::waving:

#5 ·
imported post

In the back of popular science and popular mechanics magazines there is a guaranteed bug killer for sale. When you order it you receive in the mail two blocks of wood with the instructions to A. Catch a bug B. Place bug on one block of wood
C. Smack bug with the other block of wood. :D

Fellows, fix the air leak, clean the master cylinder and rebuild it, properly bleed the brakes.

All the blocks of wood in the world will not help, too much work catching those bugs anyway. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: Kit

#6 ·
imported post

SHREK snr wrote:
Good Day David my theory is that by putting pressure on the pedal over night you allow any air to self bleed back to the reservoir , it also works if you tie back the break leaver. How you doing mate 2deg C here, you lucky bugger.:waving::waving::waving:
Probably because the air bubbles get compressed to a smaller size and are then able to migrate easier.

No substiture for a tight system and a proper bleeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.