Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Instaled a set of Driver boards and the Rear break lever needs new configuration... What do you suggest... the lever sticks almost straight up and hits the frame of the boards when depressing the breaks... see new pix :):):)

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

would a master cyl push rod adjustment help . looking at peadle hight.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Im trying to understand what you mean. the pedal height can be adjusted.
The pin that holds the clevis has to be removed. Loosen the locknut and turn the clevis( screw it in ward) thus lowering the pedal height. reatatch and reinsert your clevis pin, washer and cotter pin.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I will take a pix in the morning to show the problem ... it sticks up about 4in heigher then normal

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

as already said, the brake pedal can be removed and reset on its splines for a better level to suit yourself

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Yeah redneck is right. Forget the clevis adjustment. This is way out of whack.
Remove or loosen the pinch bolt. Pull the pedal off of the splines. turn to where you thinnk may be ok put back on splines and test for comfort.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Wrong there is no way to lower the pedle to a normal hight... the boards frame interfers with the lowering I had to grind a slot in the pedle so it will actuate the brake now... It looks like there should have been a new pedel with the kit when the boards were purchesed...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

Is that the stock pedal? Doesn't look like my '83 Aspy.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

i see what you mean how the pedal is hitting the bracket, your bracket isnt the same as what mine was, i have a photo somewhere on a disc when i fitted mine, my bracket curved back further, so when i moved the pedal it didnt interfere with the bracket nor did the pedal bottom out on the floorboard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.