Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I'm not sure where I read this or saw it, but I remember seeing some type of conversion kit or modification to the original rear brake light side reflector. Those of you with newer Wings, I think the side reflector on my brake light is now lit up for you??? Is that correct?

On my '02, the rear brake light wraps around to the side. On the side is a relector and no light. It seems ridiculous that Honda left a light bulb install out on this. I would think having a light on the side would provide more visibility. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has anything like what I'm talking about and/or can recommend a modification or a company that already sells it.

The biggest problem I have right now, with the exception of avoiding freezing to death in the cold weather, is the severe lack of lighting at the front and no lights on the side of the bike. Driving at night can be a challenge especially when the idiots driving their cars don't see me because there are no lights on the side of my bike. I am simply looking to add more lights and become more visible at night.

Hopefully this all makes sense to you. Thanks in advance for your comments!

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

Looking at your bike from the side there doesn't seem to me much area set aside for lighting as on the 1500. The sides of the travel cases on either side of your 1800 seems to have just the side of the tail lights viewable. Here are set of euro lights. http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/47114
You could probably put a few sets of LED lights under your cases to make you more visible at night but they would be almost unnoticeable in the day time so wouldn't take away from the sleek lines of the 1800.

Plenty of good stuff here http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/1800_lights

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.