Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 GL1800 and it takes a lot of pressure on the rear brake pedal to activate the brake lights, cut off the cruise control and/or initiate braking. Is there an adjustment for the brake lever to make it more responsive like the front brake handle grip? It does do all three chores, but with pressure that I feel is excessive.

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
It sounds more like something wrong. It should take some pressure to work but shouldn't take a great amount. Not really any adjustments. When is the last time you changed the brake fluid? And did you ever get the second rear brake recall done?

·
Administrator
26,550 Posts
You can adjust the brake pedal a little higher so you can get more pressure on it by breaking the lower (long) nut on the push rod loose, turn it CCW, the turn the upper rod CCW to lengthen it then tighten the lower nut. The switches also have an adjustment, 2 screws and move the assembly up or down to adjust the switches. I had to adjust my pedal up because my right ankle doesn't flex forward much. Moving the pedal on the splines is too much.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
528 Posts
The switches for the rear brake are adjustable. The switch mounting bracket has slotted holes in it . I had that problem after the brake recall and instead of taking it back to the dealer, I adjusted it myself.
Like Dave430 said, I also had to adjust the push rod to lower my pedal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts