Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

82 aspencade 1100

took bike out for ride today.put back brake on felt like system had air in it.checked fluid.ok put new pads on this summer.greased slides every thing looked good then.as i said feels like air and peddle goes down farther than normal.will pull cal.and check pads.anything else i should check for...

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
imported post

if there are no fluid leaks, no air in the systemand all components move free i would look into a rear master cylinder. any internal leakage will cause a "soft" pedal. on automotive master cylinders you can step hard and fast on the brake pedal and get a high pedal but as you hold pressure to it the pedal slowly drops. try bleeding first..doesnt fix could be mastercylinder

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Have someone operate the brake pedal for you so you can inspect the brake hose under pressure. It may be buldging and causing a soft pedal feel.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you still have a bit of air in the system. Also the small port in the master cylinder may be plugged. If that's the case it's nearly impossible to completely bleed the system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.