Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anybody know if there is a replacement part for a 82 gl 1100 rear caliper? The original part is not made anymore and I need a replacement,I have been told that rebuilding it doesn't always work. Any ideas would be a great help . Tnx:praying:

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
imported post

What makes you so sure you need a replacement? Have you taken it apart to inspect it? I rebuilt mine and with a good cleaning and a seal replacement, it works fine. Of course sometimes they are out of spec and it may need to be replaced but checking them costs nothing and if it needs a seal and piston, still worth it.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
imported post

double post

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

If you have not actually checked it then it is probably rebuildable. I rebuilt both the rear caliper and master cylinder on mine, and they work fine. If it really isn't rebuildable, you can get a used one that is. MANY parts are no longer available for these old bikes, which can make it a challenge to keep them going sometimes. There are a lot of used parts around, some are ok, others are not.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

549157 wrote:
I have it at the Honda shop ,they said it was not rebuildable.
I believe and someone will correct me if I'm wrong:shock: that rear calipers 82 to 87 are interchangeable so it shouldn't be hard to find a good or rebuildable one.

But first ask the shop why they think it's not rebuildable.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

549157 wrote:
I found one tnx for that link .:action:
Don't count your chickens before they hatch,
Just because Cyclemax lists it with a price doesn't mean they have or can get it.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

It's kind of hit or miss with them. I've had a lot of luck in the past but you never can tell.

Ebay is another option. Just have to keep checking from time to time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.