Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just relpaced the rear tire on my 2000 Valkyrie. When I removed the wheel I noticed the splines were dry and slightly worn, looked like .015"+.I also found an extra Oring (broken) approx42mm x 2.5 in the back of the hub, don't know where it came from? The hub O ring and the flange O ring were in place and ok.I greased everything up and put it back together; However now I'm a little worried!!

Question: I'm heading on a long trip in 2 weeks (approx 10,000miles) is this wear something to worry about? and any idea where this broken O ring came from?

Thanks.....Paddy

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
imported post

There's an O ring that fits on the spline part of the drive flange.

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
imported post

I also found an extra Oring (broken) approx42mm x 2.5 in the back of the hub, don't know where it came from? The hub O ring and the flange O ring were in place and ok.

Here you go. Take a look here:- http://www.valkyrieriders.com/shoptalk/Elusive%203rd%20O-Ring.htm

I know it's from a Valk, but if the bikesshare the same drive system, they will have the same o-rings/seals.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thank you so much. I had thought it was from there, however the recess appeared too shallow and too wide. I guess that's why it gets pushed off when the wheel is replaced!!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

What grease did you use? Honda Moly 60 is the right grease to use on the splines.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

As my Honda supplier did not have the "Mdp paste" I used a Dow Corning Multi-purpose E.P. Grease "BR2-Plus" extreme pressure bearing grease. However now that I have to go in again and replace the 3rd. O ring. I will try and access the Honda Moly 60 grease. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.