Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello again,

Thanks to all who have helped. Problem started when I noticed oil coming out of nipple under the rear end {final drive}. Correctly diagnosed here as the 2 inner seals needing replaced. Did that at a local shop. Still leaked. Replaced again under the direction of the factory rep who was there that day. Still leak out nipple.

Any other thoughts? Honda says they are getting back to us, but is has been 2 weeks.

John 614-205-2939

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Next time in ask them if they have replaced the shim that goes between the o'ring and the inner seal. The ring bearing is held in place with a spring clip and over that goes an oring, then the shim , then the inner seal. They are either forgetting to put the shim back in place or are damaging the o'ring during intallation. Maybe the shim is rough and cutting the o'ring. Maybe the main gasket has not been cleaned properly where the drive mates together. Could be several things, they just need to go in again and be very careful an slow down and make sure all is in place and the suface gasket area is clean and properly prepped before re-assembly. Nothing in there to leak, but the o ring, the seal and the suface gasket. Gotta be one of them. I suspect actually the suface gasket, see the vent hole up above the nipple about three inches? If the main seal is leaking it would show up there also, if it is the main surface gasket then it would run down the caseing and out the weep hole.

Kit

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

THANKS!. Best I have heard so far is if the upper vent is plugged, when under pressure could leak then.

Will forward to the guys and see what they say.

Happy Thanksgiving!:waving:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.