Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

Now, seriously..........if your kneck hurts...even slightly, after 24-48 post accident.........need to get back to the hospital.

So many people think they're fine..........and have missed fractures or soft tissue damage in their knecks that are really dangerous.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

It doesn't take much to total out a bike.

Secondly, you don't have to deal 1:1 with the other driver's insurance - AT ALL. They're not your friends, and treat you as foe.

Assuming you don't have Liability-only coverage, get your own insurance company to come forward and repair/total the bike. They'll get their money back from the other company themselves.

Secondly re-read the post above. This isn't a time to be a "Tough Guy". If you're hurting at all, go to the doctor, get it documented as much as anything.

If you have a real problem, being a tough-guy the first few days will count against you when it's time to claim damages.

Please understand I'm not encouraging lawsuits or inflated settlements. I'm just pointing out things that will prevent you from receiving the correct and due attention if you have a real problem.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

It never fails to amaze me that people behind the wheel of a car (I refuse to call them drivers--that would infer they know HOW to drive) can miss seeing a large, white motorcycle in front of them.:realshocked: One of the reasons I bought a pearl white 'Wing was in the hope it would be more noticed by other drivers.

Hope you heal quickly andas was previously posted, go for a post accident checkup in 7-10 days for anything that hurts. And as was mentioned earlier, the other guy's insurance company will NOT (in most cases, anyway) treat you well. Document every call/conversation and what was said if you can.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
imported post

Glad your OK! Make sure your OK for the long term. I fear getting hit from the rear, I have to turn left across a busy highway & it scars me when I have to sit there very long.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Glad you're OK.

Down here it's only a question of time. I did install modulating rear lights and will be adding more lights with the LEDs now available.

Longboater,

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Happened to me last year as well Old lady with dog in her lap not paying attention. Insurance co nailed her a$$ to the wall (as it should have!!!) glad you are OK

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Man, that's happening too much! Even once is too much for that matter. I'm sure glad to hear it's your bike that's bent and not you. As already mentioned at least the driver that hit you didn't take off like most of them do. He might not have been paying proper attention but at least he was there to face up to the consequences. So many times nowadays the dirtbag that hits you takes off because he has no insurance or driver's license.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
imported post

Glad to see you on the boards here and not hearing about you in the hospital!. I am having phantom pains (sympathy) in my neck and shoulders just thinking about getting rear ended. From experience, and to echo what has been said before, make sure YOU are OK before you settle anything with an insurance company. My rear end incident was over 4 years ago and I still suffer some from it.

See ya back on the road!.

Everrett

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

hope that there's no after effect. make sure your body is ok and worry about the bike later.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I know you think you weren't injured but let me throw this out there for you just in case you find out later you were.

I used this site when I was rear-ended on my 1500.
I had a trauma wound to my leg so my situation might be a little different than yours but I found the information on this site of great value to me. If nothing else to learn how the system works and what I should do about each step of it.

I went ahead and paid the $100 for three month membership just so I wouldn't have to hunt and dig out the info on their site (which is supposedly there for free). I figured it was way cheaper than an attorney would cost (not to mention his cut) and that the info might help with the settlement. It did in my case.

http://settlementcentral.com/

Good luck with it and feel free to ask me about the details I learned in the process.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
imported post

wanted to post on geezergliders post must have started new one sorry i did not get rear ended just wanted to tell the geezer he may have a saddle bag that I have just laying around if that would help him Please move to correct spot if needed moderators

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

larhjass wrote:
Geezerglider wrote:
I'm a lucky guy! This afternoon I was coming to a stop at a yield, and was rear ended. The collision knocked me off the bike, and I just sat there in the road for a little to determine if I was ok or not, then sat down on the curb.
Man-o-man Geezer, you are soooo lucky to escape relatively unscathed!!! We moved to Texas 20 yrs ago and one of the first things we discovered while entering freeways was that drivers, {for the most part}, thought a yield sign meant STOP !!! Guess you met the one that thinks it means GO !!!!........................Disclaimer: no disrespect meant to any true Texans cause now I R 1 and I love this state more than I could ever love my homestate............so please don't throw rocks......it was just an observation.......good luck on the rehab of your bike also............geezers gotta stick together!!!;);););););)
It doesn't matter where you live. You will always have those who think go means stop & visa versa. I live on the west coast and @ the risk of sounding racist, we have a very large component of one nationality that absolulty do not know how to drive.

Geezer, I'm so glad that you were not more seriously more injured.:clapper::clapper::clapper::cooldj::cooldj:

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
imported post

Glad you are okay.I still have nightmares of when it happened to me nearly 3 years ago. It has not stopped me riding though. The other half is a different story though, she won't go anywhere near my bike now. It kinda defeats the object of getting a wing.
Anyhow I am glad you are okay and as everyone has said themetalcan be replaced,mine was.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

i'm glad you're ok also. all material things can be replaced. human life, cannot

mark:waving:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.