Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellas. I am considering fitting a chrome light bar to the rear of my 1991 Anniversary Edition 1500. The bar I refer to is the one that goes underneath the side boxes and around the rear of the bike behind the towbar. I can not find them anywhere and wonder if any of you could direct me to where I can find one for my model? Even a good used one would suffice. I hope you are all keeping in good health.
Regards;
Gerry.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Probably worth noting that Gerry is from Ireland and so shipping from the USA of such a big heavy item would cost a fair bit and he may also get hit with import taxes.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Good Morning

I put a set up or sale on this site a month ago. Let me see if I can refresh it for you.

Jaxn

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
I've had a Drag light bar on 3 1500's and won't be without it=.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
e bay Item number:

Yes, this is the one I'm looking for but as Silverfox says, I am from Ireland and the shipping cost would be more than the item is worth. Perhaps someone closer to me may have one for sale?
Regards;
Gerry.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Hey CWN, looks like something may be falling off!!! :shock:;)

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gerry, is that a Cadillac you have there ?

Yes CWN, it's a Cadillac! Not many Eldorado convertibles from the 70's here in Ireland. Perhaps only mine! It's a '75.
Regards;
Gerry.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Look at 1500 bling posted 4/12/2013

Jaxn, yes those are the lights and bars I am looking for. I wonder if you can find out how much to ship those items to Ireland? Or how much to ship to my friend in Arizona 85607?
Regards;'
Gerry.

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Yes CWN, it's a Cadillac! Not many Eldorado convertibles from the 70's here in Ireland. Perhaps only mine! It's a '75.
Regards;
Gerry.
Gerry. I just sold my 49 cad fastback recently which I've owned since 87.

My first car out of high school in 70 was a black 50 cad coupe for $350 when they were just old cars and not worth anything.

I joined the Cadillac Lasalle Club in 85 http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum

Enjoy :<)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gerry. I just sold my 49 cad fastback recently which I've owned since 87.

My first car out of high school in 70 was a black 50 cad coupe for $350 when they were just old cars and not worth anything.

I joined the Cadillac Lasalle Club in 85 http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum

Enjoy :<)

Ha! Ha! Was that red car dropped from a very high altitude?? If you weld her back together I's sure she would make a very nice car!

Anyway, I'm considering visiting US in June with my wife and 2 young sons. It will be my first time visiting there and has been a lifelong dream of mine to see America as I watched films on our old black & white television back in the early 60's and would see the baddies throwing the bodies of the guys they killed into the boot of their cars. I remember thinking that either the American guys were very small or their cars were very big as the cars we had here in Ireland at the time you would never get a body into the boot! I was around 5 years old. I'd love to see some old American cars and travel some of Route 66. I have a friend in Arizona and intend to visit him. If I don't go this time I'll probably never see America as my health probably won't improve from here on. I wonder if I would be able to fit the rear lighted bumper for the 1500 into a suitcase and take it home with me? Any idea of it's size?
Regards;
Gerry.

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
The Drag light bar is a 2 piece unit that bolts together in middle rear, so each half is 17" wide X 2 feet long.

Here's a new right side bar Light Bar Replacement, Right/W/O Lights [IT#(485), MF#(DS708702)] - $99.99 : Touring Motorcycle Accessories, Over 30 years experience in providing chrome accessories!

Yes,yes,yes, I have a 49 cad pal in Denmark whom I've met twice in his journeys to America, his last traveling much of Route 66 :<)

The Yardbirds - Heart Full of Soul - YouTube :<)

http://www.cadillacclub.nl/ge2013/ in the Netherlands 2013

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.