Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have just had my 1st goldwing delivered to me yesterday it has done 300 miles and is six months old.The rear lights on the topcase work fine but the ones on the panniers dont light up at all.The flashers in the same light cluster work ok.Has anyone any idea where the fault may be or where to start looking

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Could be wrong (more often than not), but I think I read on here not too long ago that bikes in Europe do not come with lower lights.

Just checked my memory in the search engine under 1800 pannier lights and found that lower turn signals work but there are only lenses for the rest of the set up. Others on here have put lights in but requires splicing into the wiring harness.

Read this thread http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=56949&forum_id=1&highlight=1800+pannier+lights

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

By the way, congratulations on the new wing.

Any pictures?:waving:

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
imported post

:waving: Brother Sethan is right ,,the uk bikes dont have side pannier lights as standard,,you have to buy a kit, or you can wire them your self,, ;)

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Welcome aboard Phil.
UK GL1800s don't have wiring in the saddlebags for those lights, and there aren't even any holes in the light housings for the bulbs.
Most of us hard-wire them by running wires down from the trunk, and we cut out the holes for the bulbs. There are faint outlines on the plastic for making the cut-outs.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

If its the rear facing lights might be as simple as the bulbs are blown. The Honda bulbs don't always last long, as with most manufacturers, the bid goes to low ball.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
imported post

Congratulations on your new Wing Phil and welcome to the 'no saddlebag lights club'.

I've just been through this and various ways (there is more than 1) to rig up your own saddlebag lights and finish the job Honda started are all documented in these forums.

I've already started that process on my own Wing and if you want some info to get started just check this link out : http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/121747.html

Best of luck mate and I hope you ride safely and enjoy that Wing...

Adrian

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks for all the replies.I would never have guessed that the lights were not wired up.I can see my first project starting shortly.I have attached a photo

Attachments

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
imported post

Very nice...
You'll have endless hours of fun on her and if you're after bling then check out wingstuff.com. I'm addicted and if my wife every finds out how much this stuff all costs I'm sure she'll want to divorce me....LOL

Cheers

Adrian

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Nice color. Doesn't need any bling. Looks great as is!!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

I think if the European Goldwing lights don't work, Honda should just leave them off and give a bit of extra saddle bag space.
It sure seems a waste putting in lights that don't work and that the cops are going to pull you over and ask questions about.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

You can buy the saddlebag light kit ,thay are made by big bike parts ,I think we have them in stock, :) :) :) it is a little bit of work connecting them up ,but well worth the effort as the rear of the bike needs the extra lighting . Ciaran

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

SETHAN12 wrote:
Nice color. Doesn't need any bling. Looks great as is!!:thumbsup:
I'll second that. :) Looks great. :cheesygrin: Oh, and I know it's a little late, but welcome to the forum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.