Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Update. I rebuilt it the wrong way.

one of the rubber sealing washers behind the plunger was put in the wrong way.

Thanks to EXAVID for pointing out the most obvious first which turned out to be the problem

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hiwe had this problem with another member and he had thewrong kit for the master cylinder are you sure yours is correct and if so you say that you have fluid going back into the cylinder have you fitted the seals the right way round

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hiwe had this problem with another member and he had thewrong kit for the master cylinder are you sure yours is correct and if so you say that you have fluid going back into the cylinder have you fitted the seals the right way round

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Bought the kit from JC whitney. All parts were identical and swapped out exactly as the old one came out. I have no leak now.
Changed the spring, rbber underneath the spring. Plunger and seal. Circlip and the rubber diaphram attatched to the pushrod.
I tried thread tape ion the bleeders thinking they may have been sucking in air.
I have tied my pedal down as I have done this on front brakes with great results.
will have a look in the morning to see if anything changes.
I did have a seixed caliper and took the pots out to clean but all else looked fine so i didnt do a complete rebuild but they seal great. no leaks.

shouldnt i have some presistance at the pedal if the I bled the system with a mighty vac.?

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

You have to pre bleed the master before you hook up any brake lines to it.

Unscrew the brake line that attaches to the master(right at the master)

Then pump the pedal until fluid comes out of the master, then reattach the line and bleed your caliper as normal.

If you dont pre bleed the master, You can pump it til hell freezes over and nothing will come out of it.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Yeah As stated I did this but most of the fluid dumped while trying to wiggle the master around the frame.
I am pretty sure it was pre bled.
What I have learned form all the search topics is that there must be a lot of air stuck at the highest point. maybe raising th caliper for a day before bleeding may help.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

Invest in a set of Speed Bleeders.

These units are a ball type check valve and they replace your bleeders on the

calipers.

Then you can just attach a hose to it and put the end in a bottle .

Then all you do is keep pumping the pedal or lever and you dont have to keep loosening and tightening the bleeders as you do with regular ones.

They are about 10 bucks for a set of 2

They make life so much easier and work like a charm

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I have these but dont work until you have opbtained pressure.
they are use less on a syatem that hasnt been pre bled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.