Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I took my saddlebags off of my 89 1500, and I noticed that the right side or curb side shock, the rubber boot is torn in 2 places. Does anyone know if these are there just to keep dirt out? And can these be repaired? The shocks work well still. I would like to upgrade to Progressives but there kinda salty! Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance, Shawn

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi shawn mine are the same gone in a couple of places but the damper keeps them clean dont know if replacements are available

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

I know I purchased a boot for my 1200 shock. HDL Parts liststhe 1500 bootfor $33.00. Part # 52611-MN5-003. Give Honda a call.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The boots keep out dust and grit and prolong the life of the shock seals, best to replace them when they fail. Motogrid lists the shock boots for $36. I like HDL but they are pretty slow. Motogrid is faster and usually only about 10% or so more.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Excavid, Thanks for telling me about Motogrid site, I had no idea we could still get all those oem items. Everyone should know about this! the other site you mentioned, I couldnt find anything on that. Do you know what the link is for that?

Thanks in advance, Shawn

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The other site I mentioned was the same one Goldwings 4 ever posted, Honda Direct Line.

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_select.asp

Both are good websites to order from, Honda Direct Line is slow but they have most everything, Motogrid is faster but a bit more money. I bought a new seat for my '93 from HDL, it cost me $168 plus $25 shipping. People were paying up to $300 on eBay for used OEM seats. It pays too shop around.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks again, I found both sites!

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Cheap Cycle Parts.com lists the boot for $31.45 and has fast service, although the shipping is somewhat costly. I don't know what the shipping coast are at the other two sites, but it might be worth while to check them out, as well.

Dusty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.