Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i had rebuilt my rear shocks and know they leak air and not fluid what did i do wrong

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

yes just replaced the seals and put back together. i got some help of here on putting them back together. i used power steering fluid about 9 oz put it in first and then all the parts.:waving:

·
Bob Cassel
386 Posts
imported post

I would bet you have a leak at one of the hose connections. Either at the shock or the distribution/fill connection.

Get a squirt bottle and soapy water, air it up to 55 lbs. and spray them all down.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

ok thanks i will do that after i get off work i realy like this site a lot of good people out there that are willing to help somebody out :applause:

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

Spring shocks solve all problems,, it did for me :p

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

And it will do it for me as well. I find the air suspension to be overcomplicated and failure prone, and more important, unnecessary for a solo rider who does not really care about a perfect ride on an old bike. It reminds me of Citroens "hydropneumatic" suspension, which, when it sprung a leak, or the pump failed, would let the car sit flat on the ground.

I don't see anything wrong with air suspension as long as it was designed to run without air, as are the Goldwing forks. But apparently the shocks were not designed to run without air, and the rear springs are very weak.

I found a set of new Progressive non air shocks for $214, which seems like the way to go. I was tempted to get the $100 ones from SaberCycle, but they are Chinese junk, and if they worked at all, probably wouldn't work for long. Might even be dangerous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.