Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've been experiencing trouble with the rear shocks and have been working to eliminate the problem. I also am considering Progressive replacements. Progressive markets air- assist as well as coil-over and I would like to hear some opinions on the matter. The coil-over ones are a good $100 cheaper and would probably suffice quite well. Most logical argument from you guys gets to tell me that "I told you so."

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Internet Dave!:waving::waving:

You might get some more informed opinions if you tell us what year and model Wing you have. It's handy if you put that info in your signature line, then everyone knows what we are talking about without looking back a bunch of posts.

As for shocks, if you have an 1100, 1200 or 1500 with the onboard air compressor the Progressive 416s are hard to beat, they are a combination of air and spring, they stiffen the ride a little but really improve overall handling. The addition of Progressive front springs, in addition to the rears really makes a much handier machine in the curves, especially in the 1500 model. One other advantage of the air/spring combination is that if one should blow a seal you won't bottom out as you would if your bike has air only shocks.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
imported post

I've had coil shocks on my 1100 for 3 seasons. I bought them from J.C.Whitney for well under $100 because I had very little money to spend on my ride. The effect on my bike was dramatic. The ride is firmer than stock and it never sags or bottoms, even 2 up. The overall feel is much more controlled than original. The down side is that my wife, who has a bad back, feels that the ride is too firm. I like the firm ride but many don't. If you have a limited budget and like a firm ride, these shocks may be for you. I believe that the J.C.Whitney shocks are the same as the shocks that I often see on eBay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.