Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
I think the size of the eye might be the least of your worries. I would be more concerned about the travel, the spring rate and if they will physically fit in the space provided. The size of the eye can use a bushing to make it smaller or drilled out larger. It very well could work but I would do my homework first to be sure you have the best chance of being happy at the end. Let us know what you find. I'm sure many members will be interested.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Based on what I have seen a friend go through buying cheap stuff off ebay, my first thought is "no." And also "please don't."
Quality, reliability, cheap, pick two. Just my $0.02

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hagon Shocks

Have you considered Hagon rear shock upgrade ? They do two types of upgrade, a pair of cheaper rear dampers and spring shocks or a more expensive higher quality left side replacement damper and higher grade spring unit. The latter is the one I am going for as it leaves the Air shock in place and still usable, and having recently took delivery of a Hagon rear monoshock and spring for my Honda ST the quality and value for money is apparent. On the Wing I am having as on the ST a pair of Hagons progressive Fork Springs fitted as well.

WM

PS I am refering to the 1500 not the 1200 BTW.

·
Administrator
25,602 Posts
Would something like this fit the 1200? Bolt eye is 10mm.
The only bolt that will go through the 10mm hole is the lower left. If the metal bushing comes out of those shocks they would probably fit the other 3. I can't guess if the length is right.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only bolt that will go through the 10mm hole is the lower left. If the metal bushing comes out of those shocks they would probably fit the other 3. I can't guess if the length is right.

There’s only 2 bolts isn’t there? Top and bottom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
25,602 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts