Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 95 GL1500A and I'm trying to install rear speakers. I've been reading older posts about finding the 2 connections, one white 4-pin and one black unused 4-pin for an aftermarket rear speaker fader switch. Some say they are under the CB, others say they are on the left side wiring harness next to the false tank. On the picture below I pealed back the tape on the wiring harness where a bulge was to reveal a strange orange connector. I've looked high and low with no luck and now I'm about to start removing more tape and I really don't want to work that hard. On another forum someone said that the 95 model didn't have the connections for the fader. But the distributor Drag Specialties says they are there. I have found the connection under the seat for the rear speakers but not the front connections for the fader switch. Any ideas out there? :?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
imported post

Mine was obvious at the time where to connect but can't remember now. I wouldn't bother unless you are hooking another amplifier to run the speakers. Mine didn't have enough power to push all 4 speakers. I actually had LESS clean volume with 4 speakers than i had with 2 WITHOUT the FADER in the line. The cheapy fader that came with the 2 different brands I tried BOTH went bad after a while and wasted power. Some old threads said the same thing. One from J.C.Whitney and not sure where the last one was from.
I bought some good coaxial speakers for the front and they crank very well with more bass than the original. The originals were LOUD but not musical for lack of a better word. I got speakers from Niehaus Cycle in 2006 part #13-102 that fit right in. Added another non polarized capacitor to the tweeter(2.2mfd)in parallel for more outputto the tweeter. If i would have added an amplifier i might not add the capacitor.
Other choices out there like Polk etc.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
imported post

Mack I have a 96 aspy and just added the rear speakers and fader. I found the connector under the left pocket but I dont have a cb. I mounted the fader switch in to the blank plate were the cb would be. Hal

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

It's been a few years since I did mine,,,,,,, but I remember digging in behind the CB area. Maybe a little higher/above the CB. Like between the CB and the left pocket.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Took another look and found a black 4-pin connector on the right side of the CB and attached to the fram with a rubber hanger next to the air cleaner box. But it's connected to a relay switch called an OMRON G8MS-H50. Any idea what this relay does? Is it possibly an amplifier for the radio?

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Well I finally found the black 4-pin connector on my scooter. Took out the CB, lower air duct, and the left radiator fan to get a better look. And Bingo, there it was hiding behing the wire harness. Hopefully I'll get it all back together by the end of the month when my daughter comes to visit. She really likes to ride with me. Thanks for all who chimed in to this post, I really needed the encouragement to keep looking for that little devil.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Indianawantsme wrote:
Mine was obvious at the time where to connect but can't remember now. I wouldn't bother unless you are hooking another amplifier to run the speakers. Mine didn't have enough power to push all 4 speakers. I actually had LESS clean volume with 4 speakers than i had with 2 WITHOUT the FADER in the line. The cheapy fader that came with the 2 different brands I tried BOTH went bad after a while and wasted power. Some old threads said the same thing. One from J.C.Whitney and not sure where the last one was from.
I bought some good coaxial speakers for the front and they crank very well with more bass than the original. The originals were LOUD but not musical for lack of a better word. I got speakers from Niehaus Cycle in 2006 part #13-102 that fit right in. Added another non polarized capacitor to the tweeter(2.2mfd)in parallel for more outputto the tweeter. If i would have added an amplifier i might not add the capacitor.
Other choices out there like Polk etc.
I agree, get a 4 channel amplifier and and an equalizer, run in the front speaker wires to the amp then with the eq the sound can be dialed in the way you like it and you'll get a much better sound out of your radio.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.