Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I purchased a rear speaker Fader unit from Cyclemax.

I took the seat off tonight and found that the existing Fader unit is only connected to live and earth.

The Fader from Cyclemax has two female 4 pin connectors and one male 4 pin connector. I assume one of the 4 pin females andthe four pin male are used to intercept the cable to the speakers however where does the other 4 pin female connector go.

I assume the PO has altered the wiring as I cannot see a spare 4 pin male to connect it to.

I cannot find any reference to the rear speaker Fader unit in my Honda manual, can anyone help, please, thank you.

Terry
 

·
Monkey with a Football
Joined
·
19,237 Posts
imported post

Right here... Under the left side faux tank cover near the CB.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Rudy

Thank you I will have a look when I get home tonight, your help is much appreciated.

This is a great site with a wonderful wealth of knowledge.

Thanks again

Terry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,129 Posts
imported post

Yepper, That's where mine were. A tad higher but on the leftr side under the shelter.

Nice Pic Rudy.

You must have a stash of them to weed through every time you want one. Huh?

Like the saying says. "A Picture is worth 1000 words"

Have a GREAT Weekend guys

Mohawk
 

·
Monkey with a Football
Joined
·
19,237 Posts
imported post

Mohawk wrote:
Yepper, That's where mine were. A tad higher but on the leftr side under the shelter.

Nice Pic Rudy.

You must have a stash of them to weed through every time you want one. Huh?

Like the saying says. "A Picture is worth 1000 words"

Have a GREAT Weekend guys

Mohawk
They do accumulate if you do a lot of photo documentation. :dude:

Terry, that picture shows what it would look like if you were going to route the amp to the rear speakers (black connector) from the amp output.

The amp output is the opposite gender than the speakers so you just about can't get it wrong. Just unplug whatever is in all three and then add the fader plug in connectors. You could get the fronts and rears reversed but the fader would still work, just in reverse rotation.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Rudy

Thanks for the additional information I will let you know how I get on.

Where would we be without this forum and your expert help and advice.

Take care

Terry
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Rudy

Had a look last night the first thing that I noticed was that the cables on the fader are not long enough to get to the position indicated yesterday (under the shelter).

The existing speaker cables are plugged into the harness near the left hand speaker under the seat on my 1500 SE.

I removed the shelter and loosened the left side false tank panel, tracing the loom from the radio behind the false tank panel and peering in with a torch I could not see the connectors as described by you yesterday.

Near to the speaker plug under the seat near the left speaker there are two plugs enclosed in a rubber cap what are these for ?

Where do I go from here ?

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you



Terry
 

·
Monkey with a Football
Joined
·
19,237 Posts
imported post

T.Hambley wrote:
Rudy

Had a look last night the first thing that I noticed was that the cables on the fader are not long enough to get to the position indicated yesterday (under the shelter).

The existing speaker cables are plugged into the harness near the left hand speaker under the seat on my 1500 SE.

I removed the shelter and loosened the left side false tank panel, tracing the loom from the radio behind the false tank panel and peering in with a torch I could not see the connectors as described by you yesterday.

Near to the speaker plug under the seat near the left speaker there are two plugs enclosed in a rubber cap what are these for ?

Where do I go from here ?

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you



Terry
Terry, that fader kit is designed to have the control pot mount in the dimple of the key bridge, right behind the key. Then have the wiring, come back and to the left near the radio, just under the rear of the tray and then down the side under the left Faux tank cover to the three connectors. Don't know if those have been relocated in later models but every one I have done had the connectors there. You won't be able to see them unless you remove the reverse lever handle and remove the left faux cover.

The one that I show as amp is directly from the output of the amp. The black one goes through the harness to a second plug under the passenger seat and from there on to the rear speakers with a sub harness. So everything under the seat will be rear speakers only.

The front speakers plug into the white connector that is the same gender as the black one.

Not sure why you are not seeing all this yet unless the harnesses changed that much from that year or others.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Rudy

Thank you I did not realize that the fader kit was supposed to go as you describe I had assumed that it fitted under the left rear speaker DOH!!!

Over the weekend I will remove the reverse lever and the false tank coverto get at the connectorsyou describe.

Thank you for bearing with this novice.

Terry
 

·
Monkey with a Football
Joined
·
19,237 Posts
imported post

T.Hambley wrote:
Rudy

Thank you I did not realize that the fader kit was supposed to go as you describe I had assumed that it fitted under the left rear speaker DOH!!!

Over the weekend I will remove the reverse lever and the false tank coverto get at the connectorsyou describe.

Thank you for bearing with this novice.

Terry
No problem Terry.

Just want to see you smiling with good sound again.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Rudy

Could not find the connectors after much searching I have decided not to take it any further, will probably put the fader and speaker cables (from Cyclemax) onto the for sale section of the site. They were about $27 (£17) I will probably ask £10

Some good news while trying to find the connectors I decided to fit the LCD that I purchased from the US sometime ago. Mine had the dreaded bleed well it is installed and working a treat, it looks great.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Take care

Terry
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,185 Posts
imported post

My '96 SE has a factory fader on the left control pod. It is the knob just above the CB transmit lever.

John
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top