Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi all,

I just put a pioneer stereo cd player in my '81 gl1100 interstate. I replaced the front speakers with a set of eclipses which sound real nice. I would like to mount some rear speakers on the bike somehow to get the entire 200 watts the stereo is capable of. Not to sure how to do this because of space concerns. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there some sort of aftermarket device that will help? The saddlebags wont work because of road splash and the trunk has no room because of the backrest.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imported post

I guess there is nothing on the market for this then. I'll just have to try to fabricate something that can house 2 rear speakers and not look too ridiculous. maybe I can mount something on top of the trunk behind the backrest

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

Have you seen the 1200 rear speakers, they came on some of the bikes, later Aspencades I think.

Honda used to make a kit to put them on, they mount on top of the travel trunk, they may work for you but you'd need to get them through a salvage yard.

I'll check some sources on-line and see if any aftermarket vendors have them available, I believe that "Add-On" made them for a while.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

I saw some wedge speakers mounted on the trunk rack on a Goldwing. They looked ok. I was thinking of running a couple of speakers in the passenger pouches that are on the trunk. It seems you could punch a few holes in the vinyl and stick some small speakers at the bottom. Or take the pouches off and mount a set there. As far as the speakers getting wet, waterproof them with some clear spray silicone or clear paint.

Jerry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.