Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 2003 abs goldwing and I would like to know about how to remove the rear speaker grills and install speakers in them. Also are the speaker wires already behind the grill or do I have to run them from the radio?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

Hi Mike - if you look under the rear speaker pods you will find 3 recesses in each of them is a screw take those out. Inside the trunk lid you are supposed to remove the black liner thats held in place by about 16 screws (give or take a couple) drop the liner and there will be two screws left for each pod - undo them and the speaker pods will come way allowing for the installation of you speakers. Under the seat just behind the relay box is a rubber shroud and inside that will be a plug that the speaker cable will plug into. If you go to www.electricalconnection.com and have a look at the audio section they sell all the speakers and cables etc. The instructions are comprhemsive and include photos etc.

Rgds

Phil

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

Mike just had a thought you can if you are careful just remove the screws from the black trunk lid lining from about halfway down each side and flex the black lining enough to undo the 2 screws for each pod - it will save you a bit of time but not a lot.

Rgds

Phil

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The Honda speaker instructions tell you to remove the trunk lid to drill two holes for the wires, but as someone posted here a few months ago, you don't need to remove the lid as the marks for the holes can be seen with the lid open anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.