Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I recently purchased my first Goldwing it is a 1996 Asencade it came without rear speakers i have installed them and found the factory wiring harness and pluged them in and nothing my questions is do i have to have the rear fader control for them to work.

Please help wife wants tunes in back :?

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

timbuck wrote:
Where did you find the speakers, I would like to get a set. Tim
Tim,

keep checking e-bay, and look for the rear speaker housings for a LTD or SEI on the 1200's. You will need those to mount to the top of your trunk. If not, you will be cutting holes.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

Have no personal experience with this although I would like rear speakers. Electrical Connection website says that fader control is required for operation. I trust his comment.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

I have a set of speakers that was added by the P/O to the rear, with no fader control. I am going to remove them. Seems my Clarion has the most voltage pull of anything on my wing, second to the running lights, but I doubt it is the rear speakers.
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
imported post

For the GL1500 Aspencade, the fader control is required. There's no other connection for the rear speakers to the radio, unless you wanted to try to modify it yourself.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
imported post

My 1992 Aspencade came with rear speakers and no fader control (Previous Owner).

They work perfectly!

Speakers can be found at Walmart (120 Watts each) for $30.00 a pair

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.