Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My interstate does not have rear speakers and my wife asked me to install a set. Does anyone know of a good after market set that will mount to the trunk and not look cheesy?

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Look on e-bay for rear speaker housings for a 85 LTD or the SEI model. They are made to mount on the 1200 trunk. If you can find a set, and they do not come with speakers, go to Wally World and get a set of the 19.00 poly set.

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

The problem with using a set of Honda speaker covers is that I don't think they'll fit with my luggage rack being in the way, and I want to keep the luggage rack. I'm hoping that someone discovered some nice looking speaker sets that will mount up without cutting up the trunk lid.:stumped:

·
Texas Boy
278 Posts
imported post

Jeff, you might check some of the marine box style speakers, they might do what you want.

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

As far as I can tell it's just the old standard rack. It's not a short one, so I guess you can call it full size.

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Nice! How much space do they take up inside the trunk? How deep do they go?

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

they didnt really take up much space at all, they are out just a little more than the trunk formed spot for the backrest, I am very pleased with the look, and the sound

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

3" Marine speakers work nice. I had those before I broke a wire to the speaker inside it. Switched over to 4" and a friend gave me the speaker covers from a cheap set of Pyramid. These are Cerwin Vega's with the square cover. Sounds great. Bought them off ebay for $8.50. Regular price is around $65-$85. I got a good deal.:clapper:

Gonna do a change out next week from Lightning Audio's to Pioneer 4" for the front. Rocks solid. :cooldj:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

What do ya'll do about the arm rests that the speakers are in place of? I haven't bought the swing out ones yet but do plan on it. I was thinking about buying the marine box speakers and mounting them under the bags I have under the padded armrests already on the top of the trunk.

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

My bike is an 82 1100, no arm rest's to worry about :D

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

Wow, that should work, I didnt have that much room on mine, but those should do the trick

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

I took the tape measure to the bike and they will fit nicely under the bags. I backed the trunk up with a trunk relocator here while back and these will be tucked up out of the way.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
imported post

i took the trunk rack of mine and installed the 1985 ltd speakers on mine that i bought from e bay at the low price of $25 bucks.
looks nice and the sound is very good

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

I have been looking for them with no luck so far myself. Keeping my eyes open for them though.

Those look good on your bike. Can you find a narrower trunk rack?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.