Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone converted their rear spoiler light on the GL1800 to operate as a brake / run light. I bought the lead from Cyclemax that converts it from a brake light only to a run / brake light. The instructions are simple enough with a two wire connector at one end and a three at the other. Connecting the wiring to the spoiler wiring below the trunk lid is simple using the two wire connector but I simply cannot find a three wire connector to connect to below the rear panel. In the black boot cover I can only find two three wire and two double connectors. Both the three wire connectors are for the indicators on each side. The instructions state there should be a blue three wire connector in there to simply plug into but on my European model it simply isn't there. Anyone know if it is there on the UK model or am I looking in the wrong place. I am following instructions and looking in the boot located above the panel behind the panel the number plate sits on. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

Hi John, mine is a US spec machine, so will probably be diferent but the connection for the spolier was in the top of the lid of the back box, i know the UK spec bikes dont have thier top lights lit but you have yours converted, you could take a feed from the bulb but then it would not be a simple as plug and play. If i remember right there is not a supply for running lights behind number plate and as you say its connections only for indicators, and pannier box microswitches

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Put it all back together again and decided not to bother. Wasn't worth the effort and I have enough lights at the rear anyway. In hindsight having the spoiler light coming on as a high level brake lamp only isn't a bad thing as it stands out from the rest of the lights on the rear as a good warning to those behind that I am braking.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

John ,yours is a UK spec bikee ,and has a different wiring loom ,Ciaran

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.