Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an '82 Aspy :11brown:and I am planning on changing the tires myself. Iam reasonably confident about the tire change part (rubber of/on the rim).... what I am a little unsure of is the remove / replace procedure for getting the rear wheel off and back on the bike.

Is it as straightforward as the Clymer's Manual and the Shop manual indicate?

( :? the shop manual mentions a "Retainer wrench: H/C 080970 and a Retainer wrench Body: H/C 090735" but says nothing about what to do with them .....are they something special that are needed?

Any insight or tips would be appreciated .... also a link to some photos of the job if anyone knows of any.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Find a post by GSMaclean and follow his link to how to docs. I am sure he has one for removing the rear wheel.
I just swapped wheels on my '80 1100 last night and needed no special tools.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

:bowing::bowing:This is perfect timing, I'm going to be pulling the rear tire off of my 83 Interstate tomorrow.

Many bows of thanks to the great andbenevolent GSMacLean.:bowing::bowing:

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

that is some site .... I went there to look at the rear wheel questio0n and ended up spending over an hour ..... several maintenance projects that I have been thinking about..... i believe I am ready to tackle the rear tire......

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.