Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been noticing a slight squeak coming from from the rear tire. Its been nice enough so i got the rear tire off for replacement and noticed the tire had a rub mark on it with a corresponding mark on the rear caliper support bar. Right now I have the correct size Conti Tours on it. Is there an interference issue with this tire or do I possibly have an issue I'm over looking?

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Also have rear brake issues but thats another day.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

I had the same problem with an E2 on the rear of my 1200. It was hitting the raised letters on the right side. Never did figure out what caused it. There was nothing wrong with the swingarm, and the problem disappeared when I put the E3s on.:?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
imported post

I had the same rubbing problem on my 82, I checked to make sure proper shim placement ,which was right. What I did was added shim on caliper side of axle, just enough for caliper bracket to clear. I think it was 1/8 th in thicknes. purchased it at Ace Hardware, Exact spacer center hole, even was stainless.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
imported post

Had the same problem on my 82 Standard. I put a slight bend on the torque arm and that took care of it. Then I didn:t like the rub mark on the tire so I replaced it with a different tire. Not even close to rubbing again. Same size tire just different model tire. What a difference in widths.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

I run a lower profile wider rear tire on my 83 , I think its a 150/80 . I had to put a slight bend in the torque are to clear the tire . No more problems .:action:

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Going with a set of Metezlers this time. I'll see if its close. if it is I'll bend the arm a little. Thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.