Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 23 Posts

· Just Winging It
3,330 Posts
I have a 1200 and use it like a car rain or shine as long as the temp is over 50f. 2up always. (6-7 months out of the year around here.)

I have had 404's, e2's, Shinkos. They all are round, black, and move my bike.

I put a Michelin Commander II on the rear and a spitfire on the front. They ride smooth as all new tires usually do. I am impressed with the way they handle on a wet road. Here where I live the roads are not straight by any means. At first I was very careful when the road got wet then after a while started trying to make them slip some just so I would know my limit on a wet road. I did not find that limit must be farther than I was willing to go. The Michelin holds the road but I don't know about the mileage yet it should do as good as the E3. (I almost got instead)

Just based in the wet road grip I will probably get another one next time I need one as long as this one holds up for the long haul.

BTW I ride until they are bald my E2 rear tire had no tread at all left not even on the sides when I retired it looked like a race tire. 404 and shinko wore out in the middle first. All three were slick (even new) on a wet road.

The Michelin Commander II is quite but has a little vibration on the edges.

Michelin rear................................................................Spitfire front

Happy hunting.

· Just Winging It
3,330 Posts
rpeters549 I agree that riding them bald is unsafe. Even with checking them every time I stop and not going more than 10 -20 miles between stops. I do watch them close as they start to go but that does not make it any safer it just reminds me to drive slower and not trust them to hold the road or even keep air in them. May pops are not good on a bike even if you know they may pop.

That said: I have done it more than once and lived to tell about it, thanks be to the creator of all that is and is to come.
I don't recommend riding them bald and believe it is against the law and unsafe do.

· Just Winging It
3,330 Posts
I hear yah.

I heard the other day "your more likely to die in a wreak going to get a lottery ticket than you are to win the lottery."

I have never played myself.

There is on the other hand no way to avoid all risk in this life. Locks keep honest people honest and seatbelts and helmets save lives, sometimes. But, this is not my home and all I can do is live the best life I can and never stop :praying: and trusting in Him to guide me in all my choices. And when I make bad choices I trust He will save me but even if He does not I will still trust Him because my life is not my own.

Don't ride on bald tires it could kill you when that cage pulls out in front of you and your tire pops when you brake hard cause the rubber is gone and if you do live you'll get a ticket for riding on unsafe tires just don't do it.

On second thought take the bus it's safer.;) And don't forget your bullet proof vest, sunblock, gas mask ect....ect.....:ROFL:

1 - 3 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.