Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi am trying to remove my rear wheel so i can replace the rear tire. the long axle bolt
is not clearing the left side muffler so i can remove. must i take off the muffler to make
this job reasonable?

any help thx scot.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

I seem to remember dropping both shocks on my Asp to get the clearance. A floor jack really helps...........

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

On the GL1000 you take the bottem shock bolts loose. Then with a board or something raise the rear wheel to clear the mufflers and slide the axle out..

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
imported post

Just did this job. Take the left rear bag off, take the rear splash guard and rear fender extension off. Take the chromed rail center section that goes between the two saddlebag frames off. These are held on by a clamp on each side with two 10mm bolts. After that's done,remove the axle nut and remove the lower mounting bolt on the left rear shock (let the air out of the rear suspension if so equipped. Pop the bottom of the shock away from the swingarm. Put a jack under the left side of the swingarm and raise the swingarm up until the bolt clears. Remove the brake caliper and then the spacers taking note of where they go. Pull the wheel towards you when standing on the left side of the bike and it will release from the drive splines and you can pull the wheel from beneath the bike.

Hope this helps you.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Very nice No Harley Here! :clapper::clapper::clapper:

That is what this board is all about.

Please give us your location in your profile when you get a chance.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.